• There are some aspects of working with the RM I'd like to see improved. Listing them here:

1. I'd like to have a shortcut to completely hide the Inspector and then restore it as it was before hiding. I can't see columns enough in the Main window on my 19" Screen (use big characters).

2. I'd like the (extremely) thin line you have to grab with the mouse to resize the Inspector was easier to catch. I have to carefully move the pointer by fraction of millimetres to find it... a PITA, if you ask me :)
    Or add a handle at the top, in the "Inspector" label: a relatively big, grey, 3D square easy to see and to grab! If I click on it the window closes, if I grab it it resizes.

3. I'd like the ability to append a text string to any field in the Inspector.
    It often happens that I want to add a comment in batch to a number of selected rigs, like for example "neck SC", "Courtesy of Waraba" or the url where those profiles are described or tested, or whatever. Often tho, some or all of the selected profiles have already some comment (like "use the guitar's volume", "alnico" or simply "Bass Pack 2"). Appending would speed up managing those files by a great amount, and would above all be less tiring :)

4. I'd like to have the option to set the persistence time of the pop-up window that summarizes the info about a rig (and that appears when you stop the mouse over a rig) to infinite. Maybe I am becoming old, but most often the window pops off before I have had the time to look for the info I was after. Some rigs are really crammed with information!

5. I'd like some more... optional options for the Search function: namely, the possibility to exclude a certain text string (for example search for "war" but exclude "waraba").

Another function I'd certainly appreciate would the the possibility to start a research only after a confirmation. When you for example explore All rigs (the hugest subgroup), and start typing in the Search field, the search starts immediately and blocks the possibility to type for a lot of seconds at times (one thread only?). In the above example, the system hung at the "w" for 5 seconds before I can go on. Basically, the dB is rescanned at each added character, which on my system is an extremely long process.
    Win 7 64-bit here.

As you can see, if you - like me - work intensively with RM, at the end of the day you have spent a lot of energy dealing with annoying ad boring little things that, summed up, make you feel much tired than needed.
    Hope using the program would become easier and more practical for everyone with these suggestions.

Thanks guys :)

• At the beginning I was thinking you were requesting Floyd Rose for Rig manager.....

So was I...

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• In Rig Manager 1.5 for Windows, there is a timer for the search function. The search results are updated only after 0.5 seconds without typing in a new character. If you type fast enough, the search should be performed only once. Besides that, all your suggestions are valid and will be considered for the next releases.

• Thanks Arne for your feedback :)
    As regards the timed-out query, i guess there could be some glitch with W7 64-bit then. Often the program doesn't allow any further character to be typed after the first one before the dB is queried. Now, I am possibly a slow typer, but I don't think this is the case TBH. Of course you guys do know more than me, but I'd be all for a raising of the timing (.8) or for the old good technique of the confirmation through a <CR> :)x
    I personally don't see great benefits from the timed typing, since I end up wasting much more time than I would by pressing one further key.
    HTH
    :)

• ...all your suggestions are valid and will be considered for the next releases.

Just thinking loudly... If there are planned next releases of Rig Manager then there will be no Rig Editor. Why develop two lines of software for one hardware? :)

• Please, let's stay on-topic :)

would be interesting to know whether someone else has found some flaws in the workflow with RM; not related to what RM can or can't do, but rather to how you can do things with it.

• Very good remarks GianFranco !

What upsets me the most is when I copy a rig from a folder to another the RM just keeps the display where it was before the copy, I'd like an option in the preferences where I would choose the behaviour (swicth the view to the copy folder).

I recon the one pixel wide column is pretty annoying too !