QuickLock releases guitar cables for digital devices

• Massimo Varini is a well-known producer, session man and teacher in Italy. He's extensively using the Kemper Profiler live.
    In this video he says that the relationship between passive PUs and digital devices (or buffers) is such that changing the PUs' coiling or combination responds quite differently than when he uses a traditional amp.
    In collaboration with Brunetti Amps, they designed a 1/4" and an XLR cable under the logo True Connections by QuickLock (Eko Music Group).

For those who do not understand Italian, the demos start around 4:30. If there's no tweaking whatsoever (which should be the case) the differences are quite impressive. Be sure to set quality @ 1080.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There's no huge difference in price between the two versions of the cable (6 euros more for the True Connection).
    As I have already told on the Kemper italian Facebook page, it's not completely snake oil, but only hands and ears can judge properly.
    The problem isn't new and it's not just fantasy, but i don't know if there's the need, for the KPA, to use cables with a pickup load correction.

• Nope, they are completely passive. I guess it should be a resistance to ground in one of the connectors, they probably spent some times in order to find a resistance value that could be effective on both single coils and humbuckers.
    I made a simple dragster circuit (a 1Mohm with a 100k resistance to ground) and i used it a lot with the HD500 and with my old focus rite: it helps to bring up some life and a good feel, but it can be fine tuned with the pot.
    With the kemper i never felt the need, but i'll try next days :)

BTW, this special cables are completely made in Italy, besides connectors (amphenol) ant they cost 40 euros instead of 34 (the cost of standard ones, always made in italy).
    6 euros of difference isn't huge, even if there's "just" a resistance, if it is effective.

• That two cables of different capacitance sound different with a guitar is no news. Sometimes the difference is huge, as you can hear in some examples. Many have experienced it, including myself (altho not with this specific cable).