Pitch Shift not working with Boss FV500-H

• Hi all

So I've had my kemper for a week now and in general I'm getting on really well with it. There is however one issue that I can't seem to solve so I wondered if you could help.

I have an expression pedal (BOSS FV500-H) plugged in to one of the KPA's pedal inputs and defined as type 1 with a wah wah function. This works great when I add a wah stomp to a rig. For one of my rigs I need to add a whammy type effect using the pitch shifter so I've been trying to use the feature that allows Wah input to control pitch but for some reason it doesn't work.

The rig I'm using has no other stomps or effects, other than the pitch shift. I've tried enabling the 'Wah to Pitch' in the PPTC settings and that doesn't have any effect. Whats a little confusing is that if I then connect my exp pedal to the second pedal input, go to the system menu and change that input to control wah the pitch control will then begin working... great... almost!

If I then go to another rig with wah that continues to work fine and the pedal now controls wah but when I switch back to the rig with the pitch shifter the pedal no longer has any effect.

Any clues would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Paul

• I don't know if this helps at all but another thing I've just noticed is that when I reboot the Kemper and the last rig used was the one with the pitch shifter it loads without the pedal working. If I then go to the PPTC settings, disable 'Wah to Pitch' and then re-enable it the pedal starts to work.

If I then save the rig in it's current state and jump to the next rig which uses a WahWah in the same slot 'A' the pedal controls the Wah as expected. All good until I change back to the previous rig and then the Pitch control is no longer working, even if I try enabling and disabling the 'Wah to Pitch' option again it still doesn't work.

Could this be a bug or am I misunderstanding something? it seems very eratic!

By the way, I have the latest firmware installed.

• Thanks, I've done exactly that this afternoon. I got a very speedy reply from support asking me to send in a backup file to see if the problem can be replicated. Will keep you posted.

• Just to update this...

Kemper support tested my config and couldn't replicate the problem so they suggested it was likely to be an issue with either my FV500-H or the cable. I tried a different cable which made no difference and was about to try and find another pedal when I noticed the small volume knob on the side of the FV500-H. This small knob allows you to set the Minimum volume when the pedal is used as an inline volume pedal. I hadn't really paid any attention to it because I assumed it didn't have any effect when using the Expression pedal output but it appears it does and when the KPA is calibrated with the knob at it's minimum setting the problem was solved.

The strange thing is that even with the knob set higher the Kemper will still calibrate to it, Wah and Volume both work fine but for some reason the pitch shifter can't handle it and stops working.

Anyway, long story short, if you have a similar problem with the FV500-H make sure that Min Vol knob is at it's lowest setting and you should be good to go.

Paul