Phones output vs. audiointerface output

• I know this has been asked before but I'm wondering why sound is so different when listening from Kemper headphones output and from my Saffire pro headphones output. Kemper is connected to audio interface analogically. ( Main outs to Inputs 1 & 2). Sound is very rich and full when listening from Kemper headphone output but very flat and dull when listening from audio interface headphone output. (by using same hi-quality studio headphones) Settings should be OK. I also checked Saffires settings and they are ok.

Any ideas?

• Some interfaces don't do true stereo on the direct monitoring. What they let through is a monomix enhaced to a somewhat pseudo stereo mix. Can't explain this better. This of course affects the sound through the headphone out of the interface. Don't know about the Saffire though. Maybe you want to try to record the KPA and give it a listen through the Saffire's headphone out with the recorded signal - which is not interfered by direct monitoring. This might encircle the cause. Or exclude what I assume at least :) .

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• and +1 on the space setting

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Are you sure they are set at exactly the same level?

Also: is headphone space enabled on the kemper? (in the Master/Output menu)?

I tried it too (on and off) but problem remains. It affects of course but it doesn't seems to be a reason. Fireloogies explanation makes sense to me but on the other hand it is Saffire Pro interface so it should be quite good…I guess. I also tried different output levels.. Hell..I'm going to take the signal straight from headphones output!

• What's the interface's HPs out's impedance?

< 7Ohms

Well..obviously I was kidding about using hp output. It would be nice to get THAT sound from main outs or spdif etc.
    It is weird because when listening from Kemper it sounds so full of life and character but when it goes out from mains and goes through Saffire..it is lifeless, thin, quiet and like overly compressed. No dynamics. I recorded test clip and it is not about monitoring. Bad sound remains.

• The sound that comes out of my Saffire Pro 40 is pretty close to the KPA headphone out, I probably just got lucky and somehow managed to have all of the main outputs in the KPA set ideally.

• Great you got it solved.