what out gets what?

• So... with all sorts of profiles having me already confused a bit, now there's the cab thing too...

From the TopJimi profile documentation:
    "M = Merged profile (Kemper Direct Out contains no speaker cabinet, while Main Out does)
    DI = Direct Output profile (Kemper Direct Out and Main Out contain no speaker cabinet)"

What I'm wondering is, generally speaking:
    - on merged and di profiles, does monitor out get cabsims?
    - what does spdif out get? Cab or no cab?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• You can configure the outputs of the KPA to your own liking. The standard settings are that the main outs, the monitor out and the SPDIF out all carry the same "master" signal including the cab. The direct out just passes the raw guitar signal through. If you plan to use a guitar cab it is recommended to use the monitor out to connect it and activate the "cab off" function for the monitor out only. This way you can have the signal without cab on the monitor out feeding your guitar cab while the main outs still get the full signal including the cab profile which can be fed to the FOH PA at the same time.

Before OS version 3.0 the Kemper had to calculate the "separation line" between amp and cab portion when using the method above. With merged profiles, this separation line is more precise because the DI Amp only profile and the full studio profile are calculated against each other.

• Excellent, thank you!

I mostly use spdif to connect to my pc interface so my output routing never needed modifying. Now that I'm branching away from oldskool studio profiles, I was wondering about spdif...

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.