Kemper RE-Amping using Reaper software and Focusrite Interfase

• Hey Guys, I'm having problems revamping using the kemper thought my focus rite interfase and Reaper software. I'm using the Return Input Reamp option from the kemper, so basically I'm taking the output 1 from the back of my interfase and putting into the return input of the kemper (1/4 cable). The Kemper lights in the input and output section glow so it tells me it receiving the signal (also tested it throwing my monitors into the output and it did receive my DI signal already recorded in the Reaper timeline). When I arm another track so I can record the di through the kemper with a chosen profile, I get the signal input to the interfase, but its a dry signal, in other words I'm getting the DI back in, so the kemper is not adding the rig to the signal, so I'm just getting the signal back in again just as it left. I have the input on the kemper set to Return Input Source, and the Main Output set to Master Mono, The 1/4 cable leaving the main output left from my kemper is plugged to channel 1 of my interfase. Thats basically my process and only getting the dry signal and also huge feedbacks happen sometimes if I raise the gain on the channel or main volume on the output.

some help please!

cheers

Emma

• If you can, reamping using the SP/DIF I/O on the back of the kemper is going to save you two lots of conversions (D->A, A->D) and probably some latency too. It might also help with the limitations with mono signals in Reaper.