FX Loop + backing track input workarounds?

• According to the manual, I need to use the aux in/return to connect my ipad (for backing tracks). Doing so means I can't use external pedals in an effects loop. Is there a workaround for this?

• According to the manual, I need to use the aux in/return to connect my ipad (for backing tracks). Doing so means I can't use external pedals in an effects loop. Is there a workaround for this?

Welcome.
    You need to decide between AUX in or external pedals.
    You could use an external mixer to expand the loop of the Profiler though.

• I've got the effects loop working and am using an aux feed through the mixer to get backing track playback. I've locked the loop.

New problem: when I turn the loop off, the backing track turns off, then after a second or two it comes back. Any effects still activated in the loop also come back, at a reduced volume...

any ideas?

• nobody else has experienced the 'ghost loop' issue?

I'm still climbing the learning curve with this beautiful toaster, but often I've discovered that issues are resolved by something hidden in a submenu - and are not always explicitly obvious in the user manual.

My setup is:

EP booster -> Kemper head -> direct out -> strymon mobius -> strymon timeline -> eventide h9 [these three are hooked up to a dmc-6 midi controller] -> yamaha AG03 mixer [mac or ipad playback in here via its aux input] -> kemper return/alt input

This is my home practice setup, and I'm restricted to headphone use.

Issues:
    * as above, I've locked the loop into X. However, if I click this off...
    (a) the playback running through the mixer is gone - an inherent problem of this setup, of course
    (b) however, after turning X off, the playback comes back after a second or so (could this be something to do with the alt input sensing the audio track?)
    (c) the effects active in the loop come back too, at a very low, but distinctly audible level

* having the aux audio input on the mixer, in the loop, means that backing tracks are affected by kemper effects active in mod/delay/reverb, which...
    (a) obviously interferes with the quality of the playback
    (b) means that I essentially lose the added options offered by these effects sections
    (c) means I am typically forced to use the loop for delay and reverb (while that's the primary use of my H9 anyway, I lose its flexibility)
    (d) means that I have to modify the effects presets of the majority of my profiles (not a huge problem, but as I'm still in the early stages of profile trialling, I have hundreds of profiles on board...)

Am I missing something obvious?

Is there an alternative routing setup could get the mac/ipad audio out of the loop?

• when I turn the loop off, the backing track turns off, then after a second or two it comes back. Any effects still activated in the loop also come back, at a reduced volume...

Please send a description of the issue and a backup to customer care... if they can replicate this and find a bug, they will fix it! :)