[SOLVED] Suddenly No Output from KPA

• Hi there folks,

I've been experiencing an issue with my KPA Rack in the last month.

Suddenly, when I activate/deactivate a slot via a Rocktron All Access, I get no output at all and found no way to make it work except rebooting the unit.
    It happened twice and I'm scared of problems like this on the road.

Looks like that the problem occurs when switching on/off the Stereo Loop slot (I have an Eventide H9 in the loop, hooked to the KPA via MIDI OUT).

Do you guys know if there's some FW related issues about this? I'm running 3.2.1.11625.

Little note you may find helpful: the output led stops working when I get no sound out of the unit.

Best regards,
    Eugenio.

• What is the cable configuration you are using? Sounds like you are going in stereo, correct?

do you get the same result if you use a jumper cable and no H9, so just a short cable to make sure the loop is working ok.

sean

• I can't remember the page, maybe somewhere under rigs or system, there is a page which shows the midi position of all the pedals. Next time it happens, check that page and see if the midi volume is to zero. Long shot, but I've had several times when the midi volume was set to zero by some random midi message. The only other thing I can think of is maybe a rig with the loop module in one of the slots, but nothing actually plugged into the fx loop.

• Maybe you want to add "solved" to the title? Helpful for anyone with similar issues searching the archiv for help :)

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Glad you got it worked out.

I've noticed the same problem sometimes when I download rigs from the exchange. I was thinking that maybe it happens because the original uploader of the rig, saved the rig with his midi volume pedal at zero (heel down position), so when that rig selected, it recalls the zero midi volume position. When you disable the midi volume, as you did, it ignores that saved zero position midi volume command.

I haven't tested this, just guessing here.