Powered toaster + guitar cab = yuck :(

• I've seen many threads on this, but I'm still not having much luck. I'd rather not buy a full range monitor speaker (although I'm close at this point). I love the sound of my openback 1x12 cab, but not with the Kemper. With the cabinet emulation on it sounds dark and muffled. With it off it's waaaaaaay tooooooooo bright and brittle sounding. I've tried running the monitor out in to the effects return on my amp and it's the same problem. ....plus I'd rather use the internal amp.

The other option is merged profiles. Those sound pretty good with the cab, but not as good on the "studio" side. Maybe I'm being too picky, but anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks.

• I mostly use the Michael Britt packs. I haven't had much luck tweaking the sounds. Ideally I'd like to do what MB is doing in this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper direct to the FOH and have my cab on stage for stage volume. Like I said, I've tried running it through the return on my head and it doesn't really help the sound. I feel like I'm missing something here.

• Turn off cabs

go to the Amp section

turn down Definition

that should help with some of the brightness

also try playing around with the Compressor setting in the Amp section.

• You might also want to perform the usual checks, specially if you've got the Profiler since short:
    check that you're on the latest FW version;
    check that the Input and Output LEDs do not steadily reach the red when you play;
    check that the EQ in the Output section is flat (specially the Monitor out); if this s the case, perform some resets as described in wikpa.org. This has helped more than one user :)

HTH

• son of a .......

Monitor Output EQ had treble +1.3 & Presence +3.5

I don't remember tweaking this <sigh>

Thanks for the suggestions, I think this is really going to help a lot with the "ice-picky" sound.

Cheers,

• son of a...... haha, glad you may have found it. Let us know if you're smiling or not.

• @Calaban wow, you weren't kidding about the definition settings. So my favorite two distorted sounds have that settings cranked to 8.8 or something. They sound sooooo good running through my monitors, but no through the monitor out. I will say that while it sounds really brittle at low volumes, it actually sounds really nice with the volume turned all the way up. ....but that's probably because loud guitar always sounds good. (my ears are ringing as I write this)

My solution for now is I'm sticking to my normal ~4 banks of sounds on the profiler for typical recording & direct gigs. I made a new bank w/ 5 great sounds that all have the definition set close to 5. This one sounds great direct as well as through my cab and should word great for my gig this week where I need some stage volume.

I really appreciate the help guys!!

Cheers,

• I'm glad that helped!

Definition is probably the first thing I mess with if I find a profile that is too bright for my taste. I tend to like sounds that lean toward a more vintage flavor and the reducing Definition really helps with that. I don't think I use any profile with the Definition set above 5 or 6, but it all depends on the profile of course.

The Compressor and Clarity settings in the Amp section also help to fine tune the sound a lot.

Have you tried the High Shift and Low Shift in the Cab section? I love these controls as well!