Profiling Issues... No CAB section after profiling and Definition at zero

• Hey folks!

I used the Kemper with great pleasure with 3rd party rigs so far and I already did some "okay" sounding profiles some months ago.
    Today I wanted to profile the amp of a guy who eventually wants to sell his Mesa Boogie RA-100 Amp to get the Kemper.
    But I had some serious problems.

We miced up the amp (acutally the cab), put the mic cable into the "return input" of the Kemper, put his guitar in the front input of the Kemper and made a connection from the "Direct Out" of the Kemper to the Mesa Amp.
    I switched to the "Profiler" mode of the unit and switched forth and back between "Kemper amp" (which at that point had some random high-gain profile loaded) and "Reference Amp" to check the signal of the microphone.
    I noticed that the level of the microphone signal was very low and I had to raise the Return Level to at least 12.0 dB to get a similar volume than the random profile had. This was the first thing that seemed strange to me.
    But I thought that this is because we didn't use any mic preamp. We went straight from the SM57 into the Kemper.

We then started the profiling process and after that did some refining and again I switched between "Kemper amp" and "Reference amp" to compare the mic signal to the new Kemper profile.
    It sounded okay. Wasn't perfectly the same, but almost.

When I then wanted to save the profile, I wasn't able to type in some information about the cab!
    And when I finally saved the profile, the Cabinet lighting just went off.

The profiler just decided that this new profile did not have a Cab section.
    We tried it over and over but everytime there was no cab section at the end of the profiling process.

I know that there is an option called "No Cabinet" on the 2nd page of the Profiling Assistant. But I didn't check that option for the first three times of profiling. And when I checked at the fourth profiling round, it didn't change anything. Still no cab.
    Seems to me like the profiler just ignores the (un-)selection of this option.

My firmware is 3.2.1.11625 release.
    Amp was Mesa Boogie RA-100, Cabinet was Orange (don't know for sure what speakers, probably V30).
    There have not been any effect pedals/noise gates in the profiling signal chain.

We had to use a fairly long cable from the Direct Out of the Kemper to the amp input (9 meters) but I don't think that this is a problem since the signal is buffered once it reached the Kemper?
    Also, we had to monitor everything over headpones and therefore had Headphone Space on and at value of around 7-8.

One thing that also seems strange to me is, that the profiles of the amp all had a Definition value of 0.0.... Even though this is not the most modern sounding amp out there, this seems extremely low.....

Soooooo....what went wrong at my profiling attempt?

• I had the same a few days back. I've rarely profiled much so thought id try some merged profiles, took the studio first, made sure that the no cabinet option was de-selected, profiled all fine, saved then did the DA profile, this time ticking the no cabinet option. When I went to browse mode after to check them out properly the studio profile had cab disabled. Thought it was me going crazy.