Recording bass

• I am planning to record bass into Logic. Ideally I wanted to have a direct signal and a profile on two separate tracks. I am using an Apogee Duet 2.and have the main XLR outputs from the Kemper going into the XLR inputs on the Duet. If anyone has experience doing this and could guide me through the process of simply setting this up I'd be very appreciative. ;)

• I am planning to record bass into Logic. Ideally I wanted to have a direct signal and a profile on two separate tracks. I am using an Apogee Duet 2.and have the main XLR outputs from the Kemper going into the XLR inputs on the Duet. If anyone has experience doing this and could guide me through the process of simply setting this up I'd be very appreciative. ;)

Setup up two tracks in Logic and set their inputs to the respective harware inputs of the apogee. There's not all that much to it, really :) Try it and tell us if there are any other questions that arise.

EDIT: Sorry: forgot the kemper part :) It's basically in the reference manual. You can set the outputs up so that one side carries the DI signal, and the other carries the "profile signal". It's done in the output section (press the master/output button on the right side of the kemper).

• For the kemper part you may find this useful:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.