Profiles sounds bass heavy/no clarity (SOLVED)

• Guys, I think this is just the matter of taste if you like this high trebles or not, I personally don't like them because a guitar speaker doesn't have these either.
    so for me the XTC is the perfect choice for all rock guitar sounds:
    [media]https://www.soundcloud.com/gui…rofiles-of-the-bognar-xtc[media/]
    but for some metal sounds you prefer the 5xx0:
    [media]https://www.soundcloud.com/gui…-profiles-of-the-pvy-5xx0[media/]
    but the XTC is Not muffled at all it just has another characte, that's all

I agree - I listed to them one more time and definitely they are not muffled. Less hight frequencies then on the others, but it is a matter of personal taste. I edited my previous post so that future readers won't get incorrect understanding that the profiles are bad.

• Here are my thoughts:

1. I had PureCab set to 3 initially. After playing around with settings and resets somehow it got it set to 7 - which is too much. Disabling PureCab improves the tone significantly. For me. Others may like it but I guess it is not my cup of tea.
    2. Fletcher-Munson of course plays its role, but it is not as significant as people usually say. I long time ago looked at those graphs and calculated approximate EQ settings for different volume levels to compensate. Those EQ settings are not too extreme. According to the graphs - low frequencies are affected more then highs.
    3. Another phenomenon of human ear. If you listen to the profiles with lots of highs for about 2-3 minutes your ears get adjusted to the highs and reduce sensitivity to highs. Then if you instantly switch to profile with less highs they will sound like there are no highs at all. It is better to take a pause for 2 minutes wait till ears will restore sensitivity to highs and listed again.
    4.One more thing - I judge this profile in isolation. However the proper way to judge them is in the mix.
    5.It all depends on the monitors. My next exercise is to measure the real frequency response of the monitors I have (Alto TS212). Will make another post once I get more information.

I will set this thread as SOLVED for now.

Thanks a lot for your help and opinions. I will keep positing updates here as I get my way through the profiles.