Micing a FRFR PA speaker? Alto 212a vs Yamaha DXR12 shootout part 2.

• Anyone have a decent technique to be able to MIC a FRFR PA speaker (2 way) ?

I ask because if you read my personal shootout post with a bunch of different PA speakers a few weeks back
    I was missing a DXR something from the occasion. Well I got tired of waiting for a local store to get them in
    so I picked up a DXR12 from the internet.

So I currently have Alto 212A's, Yamaha DS8's and now a lone DXR12. I'd like to figure out a way to record the difference
    I am hearing between the DXR12 and the Alto 212A so ya'll can make up your own minds. I know many of us don't have big
    guitar stores that have a dozen PA speaker choices so we have to go on the recommendation of others. Currently this forum
    really loves the DXR series. I'm not saying that is misplaced as much as this is all based on personal judgement.. Everyone hears
    things differently. Our brains seem to favor certain frequencies. Some like a deep bass response. Some like more mids, Others treble
    is their drug of choice. The combinations are endless.

I've give you my personal opinion..
    I spent about a 1/2 hour tonight panning left and right between these two speakers. All sorts of different types of music.
    To me... The DXR sounded best when I pumped really bass focused music through it. Heavy rock, Metal, etc. The Alto sounds better
    with more midrange to upper range focused music, Both covered the spectrum well. Both could be tweaked with the EQ
    to sound the same. All my panning was done with everything flat however.

When I asked my wife and kids which speaker they preferred as I panned back and forth it was an even split. 2 liked the Alto
    better, 2 liked the DXR12 better.

For me the Alto has a stronger midrange response versus the DXR which has a stronger bass response.
    The Alto is quite a bit lighter. at 28 lbs vs 42 lbs, DXR has a built in fan. Alto does not. Both are built well and
    feel very sturdy Alto has an extra handle on it. Playing guitar through both of them sounded great to me. I couldn't
    tell any difference between them in that regard. Of course I couldn't play and pan back and forth at the same time.

There is a big price difference. (2x)
    Alto 212a - $299
    Yamaha DXR12 - $599

I don't hear enough of a difference to warrant paying double the price for the DXR. Its a great speaker.. don't get me wrong.
    but So is the Alto. with similar build quality and 14 lbs lighter I gotta say I made the right choice already for me.

Anyone wanna buy a mint DXR12? $500 + shipping?