Pops And Clicks Through Focusrite 6i6

• This is a problem I have had for a while now. I contacted Focusrite and went through their usual procedure and they essentially just gave up. They did send an email months later apologising to be fair but they didn't offer a solution. I get big pops randomly when I'm doing nothing but I also get subtle pops, clicks, drop outs, what ever you would like to call them when I am recording guitar through the Kemper using S/PDIF.

This seemly has been solved on another post in this forum [SOLVED] Click, pops and cracks when recording/playback with interface. This was for PCs though and I am struggling to find an equivalent for Mac. Anybody have any ideas? Or have experienced this themselves?

I'm using
    Logic Pro X
    OSX 10.9.5
    The Kemper and Scarlett Mix Control are all updated (They actually gave me an unreleased beta to use to see if that solved it)
    Tested cables, different guitars etc but I am truly out of ideas.

I have also tried using the optimisation to bring my system the least problems as suggest by Native Instrument by changing all of the power options available.

• Just another idea. I have had pops and crackling while recording with my laptop. Tried many things like changing cables, changing the interface, changing cubase version. My solution was finaly quite easy. I got a hint that some older wlan modules send out search signals which create such pops, so i deactivated the complete wlan module in my laptop and changed to a simple lan connection. That was the solution, i never had any noise on a recording.

Cheers
    Frank

• Yes, turning off WLAN helps. I have another hint but don't know how that can work for MAC. I have created a profile for power management in control panel, where everything was maxed and no power saving, no sleep etc.

• Hi folks,

Thanks for all the advice and welcome. I did, ironically solve this problem shortly after posting this. I down graded to the public release of Mix Control and changed Logic's preference to use MTC syncing (If you would like to to do that, it is control click on the control bar to customise and check "sync". Once this is on the control bar make sure it is highlighted, turning blue) I did these both at the same time though so I can't tell which one worked. I noticed the sync was changing back to internal on Mix Control when I opened Logic so I would guess it was changing the settings. Just glad to have it sorted :thumbup:

The good thing to come from this is changing my power settings to optimise for audio processing, which otherwise I probably wouldn't have done. The only issue I can't solve is the huge dropouts randomly through the speakers. I sense that will be something I need to take up with Focusrite again. The sounds don't ever go onto recordings, just can be quite a shock if you're not expecting it at 9 at night after your 7th coffee :S

Thanks again folks.

• Hey try this:
    Run the MixControl software
    Set your Sync Source to SP/DIF so it is controlled by the KPA

Hope this helps :)

8 years later and this was the solution to my continuous nightmare!! THANK YOU!!