Acoustic feedback effect

• Screaming and controllable by expression pedal off course.
    It would be great to have such effect on Kemper!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is easy to set up with the Morph pedal - mix in pitch shift, and add some gain/volume balanced with non-morphed sound.

Done! :)

Got no exp pedal yet @paults :)
    Do you think, that adding pitch would result in such screaming feedback?
    Maybe you can do some short demo/clip/mp3?

• Yes - I'm sure it will work - there is an old thread, discussing using pitch to make Feedbacker effects. Rigs were shared in that thread - I don't remember if any are on RE or not. Just adding pitch works well with distorted rigs - being able to also add gain would work even better, and would work with cleaner rigs, too.

No expression pedal? You could do it with a morph footswitch, too.

• You're welcome - and, with morph, adding gain can make it sing better :)

I have tried these effects and it gives some feedback feeling, but I would like to have mentioned feedback stomp that would react the same way as mentioned Acoustic Feedback VST effect by Softube.
    Adding compressor with intensity of 7.8 makes some hum, which was not there when I was trying this VST with distorted guitar.
    So having the effect/stomp in KPA that would engage the feedback on sustained notes would be beneficial.

• Wouldn't a loopback level from 'output stage' to the 'input stage' that is controllable with a pedal/switch/morph both be a simple and close to 'natural sounding' implementation?

• Wouldn't a loopback level from 'output stage' to the 'input stage' that is controllable with a pedal/switch/morph both be a simple and close to 'natural sounding' implementation?

Not sure how technically difficult is solution you mentioned or how different is from the VST, that I refered to, but this Softube VST is great. I tried it once back in the days with no Kemper - just with some VST guitar amp. Put this feedback in front and it works well.

• The Softube plug -is- great. They have a patent on that, which got licensed to Fender for its "Runaway" guitar pedal. BOSS has a 2nd-gen feedbacker too, but it's not in the same class. Honestly, the VST works best.

-djh

• The Softube plug -is- great. They have a patent on that, which got licensed to Fender for its "Runaway" guitar pedal. BOSS has a 2nd-gen feedbacker too, but it's not in the same class. Honestly, the VST works best.

-djh

Yes, this VST is great, I couldn't get any similar effect using suggested effects in Kemper.

• Instead of buying another VST plugin, I'd suggest getting an eBow which can achieve similar feedback effects and is a great musical tool on it's own with lots of techniques & tones.

Mine is broken and since I love to do some feedback tracks in my mixes I rely on very high gain profiles with my semi hollow : instant controllable feedback & drones, you just have to adjust your angle from the monitor (HS7 at home) lots of delay + verb will really help.

I also use some alternatives to get some feedback tones white recording :

• using a analog korg monotron (30€) into a rich gain + KPA tape delay :)
    • I drive my real fuzz pedal in front of the KPA into a 'droning' mode , I don't even have to play my guitar ;)
  • I don't want to buy VST plugin, I want this effect in next OS :) and off course controllable by EXP pedal. The best thing is the price: 0€ ;)