Help! Utterly no sound out of Headphone output!

• Hello, friends.

What a shock to turn on my Kemper tonight and hear nothing at all come out! This has never happened before.

Latest build, just uploaded the other night. (Likely my mistake.) No sound in Browser mode, no sound in Perform mode. I have always had headphones before.

The tuner registers sound in; the Input light indicates sound coming in. But that is as far as it gets.

First time with the Profiler I have had such a serious problem. Gentlemen, how do I go about contacting Kemper for help?

Would also welcome any and all selections.

Very happy I did not sell my tube amps! Tomorrow, it is a Mesa Boogie IIC+

Doug Thompson
    St. Paul, Minnesota

• Hi, Dr. Ingolf. Thank you for your response. You are such a knowledgeable and trusted person on the Forum!

First of all, I must share that I wound up solving the problem -- in a manner, however, that erased a couple months tweaking and work on my Performances. I did so by reverting to a backup I had made two months ago to a USB Drive -- and am now in the process of restoring the Rig/Performance patches I had lost.

My suspicion is that, somehow, the file that loaded on the Kemper became corrupted, and that was what resulted in the problems I was having.

Indeed, Herr Doktor, the input LED lit up -- apparently meaning that something had gone awry between input and output. I did my best to check all the modules from input to output, but nothing seemed abnormal from what I could determine. Kemper Support suggested I determine whether I had any output from Direct or Monitor outputs. Loading the backup file from a couple months ago, however, solved the problem, so I did not go through the process they recommended.

At this point, I seem to be at a "stable place" on Kemper, and will simply rebuild the half-dozen patches, with accompanying effects, that I had programmed into KPA. This experience was the ONLY major glitch/worry I have run into on KPA since I purchased it nearly two years ago. In my opinion, considering how complex the KPA is, and the tremendous power it offers guitarists, this is a very small thing. Having said that, I am glad I still own my Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+, and my Germino 45 and Lead 50 amps. While the digital world offers us all incredible possibilities, perhaps we would all do well to remember how to "go back to the basics." For us guitarists, it means good old analog, tube driven circuits! The KPA does an almost unbelievable job of offering us the magic of a profiled amp. Still, there is really nothing that can replace "the real deal."

Thanks, friend Ingholf, for responding to my need for help. I think I will be okay at this point. I will also be looking back to the previous assistance you provided me with respect to the rotating speaker and the Kemper Remote.

Good will to you!

Kindly,

Dr. Douglas Thompson
    St. Paul, Minnesota