"Pure Tuning" question.

• I tried to understand what's going on with "Pure Tuning", but I can't understand what the Kemper reference manual says.

Here is what the manual says. (p. 113~114)

To make “Pure Tuning” audible, try the following:
     Choose your favorite distorted Rig.  Turn down “Gain” to clean.  Select Chromatic Pitch in one of the Stomp Modules.

 Turn “Mix” all the way to the left, and “Voice Balance” to the middle, so you hear both pitch shifter voices.  Choose “+16” and “+19” for “Voice 1 / 2 Interval” to get the third and fifth above the octave.

Sounds crazy, right? There was never a need for such thin sound.
    Now turn the “Gain” up for distortion. You will hear a deep growl, swinging around the original base note that you are playing on your instrument. Not too nice.

Now press “Pure Tuning”, and you will get a nice, steady fundamental note. Even chords might work. It still sounds like your guitar, but different. It doesn’t even sound like a pitch shifter anymore. You can get different colors by choosing different intervals for a solo sound, for example. Be sure to experiment with different interval settings! What has happened? You might be aware that the third and fifth above the octave are natural harmonics (overtones) to the note you play. They both blend with the fundamental frequency, especially when driven by a distortion. However, intervals tuned to a tempered scale do not reflect the overtones exactly, as they are slightly detuned to fit into the musical scales. This results in heavy beating when mixed in the distortion. “Pure Tuning” solves this issue immediately, allowing the pitch shifter to create sonic colors rather than additional voices.

I followed the instruction, but didn't feel a thing about the Pure Tuning.
    Can anyone help me, please?

Edited once, last by ilearn ().

• I think this should be all the way to the right. All the way left means you hear the dry guitar signal, so no pitch shifted sound.

yes, that's what I thought.
    when I turn on the Pure Tuning it changes something. But still I can't hear much what the Pure Tuning can do. :S

• yes, that's what I thought.when I turn on the Pure Tuning it changes something. But still I can't hear much what the Pure Tuning can do. :S

I clearly hear the effect of pure tuning here.

You do hear the pitch shifted sounds? And make sure you use a high gain sound, the effect is more prominent then.