Question on profiled sounds and behavior ...

• Absolutely YES,.....IMHO, YMMV...... :D

Even with the ones you don't like is the same, playing the profile of the Tiny Terror was exactly the same crap (sorry to the owner, not my taste) as I recall playing that box in a shop

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• YES I suppose I want that... if the referenced amp sounds like "shit on a dick" then I'd expect the Kemper putting out "shit on a dick" but not before I put some paper down ;( . I almost feel like there are just EQ changes between my axefx's amps.... I hope the Kemper gives me such an accurate feel of each amp that I really get the knowledge of what a particular amp feels and sounds like... know what I mean? Hell if I enjoy an amp profile so thoroughly I may entertain the idea of purchasing that amp... who knows.
    much appreciado!
    CH

• Hell if I enjoy an amp profile so thoroughly I may entertain the idea of purchasing that amp...

Well, I decided to buy the Kemper because of the Fuchs profiles from Peter Fischer, that amp alone cost twice the KPA....
    Actually your one is a good marketing idea for Kemper: Profiling help the amp industry selling more!!! :thumbup: ...do you think somebody will buy in it? :S
    :D :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hmmm will they buy into it? Probably not but I think it only helps when people have a good idea of just what amps they love. Its not just anyone who works for a studio with a boatload of amps to demo or at some music store. I've always heard how bad ass the Bogners are with heavy metal in mind or Egnaters etc... do I have a distinct idea of how great they are through the Axe Fx? Hell no... sounds like every other heavy amp in there. I really hope the Kemper gives a player the true experience of a particular amp. Hey I forgot what we were talking about LOL.
    CH ;(

• Lets face it, most high gain amps with gain on 8, 9, or 10 are in
    distortion saturation mode, a lot of the nuances are lost anyway.

As a test I like lowering the gain on the high gain Profiles from lets say 8 to 4 or 5...that's where the Kemper distortion really makes you smile...I'm a believer in lowering the gain improves the tone.

The most impressive thing for me about the Kemper is the organic neutral EQ of the distortion...never heard a modeller that comes close (haven't tried an Axe-FX)...nevermind a modeller, the distortion sounds better than many tube amps or boutique distortion pedals I've tried.
    I can't stand the "honk" (think TS9) I hear on most modellers, like the amp was miked in a tunnel (think Pod 1 and 2)...not so with the KPA, no honk, open and airy is how I'd describe it with a transparent EQ.

The sweep on the EQ knobs and Gain knob is special.
    They don't go from 1 to 10, they go from 1 to 100...every movement no matter how small makes a difference.
    Sometimes I crank the Mids on a Fender Profile to 10, you would think disaster, not so, it becomes a new amp, some kind of hybrid Fender.
    Sometimes a Profile is accurate but lifeless (think of a real Fender Blackface amp with volume on 2 ), turn up the Treble and Presence knobs and it jumps to life, add the Compressor pedal up front and kaboom, magic, maybe 15 seconds of tweaking.

I forgot what we were talking about....remind me? :D

• Agree with you 100%, Lance. I've just finish playing around with the last bounce of Mesa profiles the came around and I'm amazed how much you can edit the profiles...all the controls (including deep edit) are so way beyond what I've experienced up until now that most of the times I just get lost in playing...and it is so easy!!!
    The keyword is this: whatever you move on the Kemper, things happen. You can stretch a profile miles beyond what the original amp can do and it still keep his character....

Christoph: do you still own your soul? :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Well, I decided to buy the Kemper because of the Fuchs profiles from Peter Fischer, that amp alone cost twice the KPA....
    Actually your one is a good marketing idea for Kemper: Profiling help the amp industry selling more!!! :thumbup: ...do you think somebody will buy in it? :S
    :D :D

This is what I love the most about the idea of profiling, I can now buy a couple of my favorite amps, leave them in the studio and profile what I need to take to the gigs, every time I change my mind about the sound, I can always profile it again, due to the traveling gigs I do bringing a heavy tube amp + speakers in heavy road cases is really not a necessary expense these days, so some tube amp builders will also gain from this, I have to admit that i'll probably feel a bit guilty if I were to just profile amps and then sell them, I think for the main sounds that I'll use I'll have to buy the REAL amp.. most of the sounds i use come from 2 or 3 amps only anyways, I see a Carol Ann amp coming soon.. :)

• This is what I love the most about the idea of profiling, I can now buy a couple of my favorite amps, leave them in the studio and profile what I need to take to the gigs, every time I change my mind about the sound, I can always profile it again, due to the traveling gigs I do bringing a heavy tube amp + speakers in heavy road cases is really not a necessary expense these days, so some tube amp builders will also gain from this, I have to admit that i'll probably feel a bit guilty if I were to just profile amps and then sell them, I think for the main sounds that I'll use I'll have to buy the REAL amp.. most of the sounds i use come from 2 or 3 amps only anyways, I see a Carol Ann amp coming soon.. :)

If you do it, please make a lot of profiles of it (talking about the Carol Ann)

• I'm not sure if profiling will help amp sales or make little difference, I doubt it'll dent sales. I think the fact that there are sixteen billion amp makers worldwide (read it on the internet) is more likely to strangle the amp making industry, there are just too many. I think the best a modern amp maker can do is embrace it and sell profiles alongside their actual amps, maintain their own QC, and also be seen to be unafraid of reality, that amp profiling is here and it works.