Running Kemper into 4x12 Guitar Cab, Monitor Cabinet OFF, sound still affected

• So I decided to try a Mesa 4x12 Guitar cabinet as a speaker for the Kemper. I went into the output settings and turned the Monitor Cabinet off. I thought that was all I needed to do.
    So after messing around, I was altering some Cabinet block parameters and then decided to turn the Cabinet OFF and lock it, to my surprise the modifications to the cab parameters still effected the tone with the cabinet OFF and also the output Monitor Cabinet OFF.

I am a total loss as to why or how this happens. Help!

• I posted more or less a similar question in the "questions to the profiler" forum. Got the same problem. You might wanna read my post there. No answer though that helps really. Seems more like a bug /unwanted effect now to me.

• I'm still using older firmware w/o the new "merged" profiles, so not very well versed in this issue, but... as I understand it, the "cab" coloration still affects the tone , even with the "monitor cab OFF" engaged. That's just how the older profiles were made. The new firmware does it a little different. I just use it to my advantage and found a cab I liked as part of my overall tone.

• If you are using a so called Studio Profile "Monitor Cab. Off" activates an approximation for MONITOR OUT and internal power amp. An ideal average cabinet is subtracted from the overall sound. Consequently, the sound is still influenced by those parameters in the Cabinet Module. This has always been the case since the beginning.

If you are using a so called Merged Profile "Monitor Cab.Off" activates the Direct Amplifier Profile for the MONITOR OUT and the internal power amp. So, no approximation anymore.

• If you are using a so called Studio Profile "Monitor Cab. Off" activates an approximation for MONITOR OUT and internal power amp. An ideal average cabinet is subtracted from the overall sound. Consequently, the sound is still influenced by those parameters in the Cabinet Module. This has always been the case since the beginning.

If you are using a so called Merged Profile "Monitor Cab.Off" activates the Direct Amplifier Profile for the MONITOR OUT and the internal power amp. So, no approximation anymore.

And for Merged profiles, when CAB is disengaged, the parameters High Shift, Low Shift, Character and Pure Cabinet do not impact sound anymore?

• I ended up removing all rigs and re-downloading and installing everything. It actually fixed my problem. The profiles I was using had been around since before 1.0 firmware release so it probably had something to do with it.

Sounds fantastic through a Mesa 4x12 w/v30s :)

• I ended up removing all rigs and re-downloading and installing everything. It actually fixed my problem. The profiles I was using had been around since before 1.0 firmware release so it probably had something to do with it.

Sounds fantastic through a Mesa 4x12 w/v30s :)

I'm glad to hear, you're on good track @mikeb!