Anyone using an MFC or Line 6 Helix to control their Kemper?

• Hey guys,

This is my first real post. Hoping someone can possibly shed some light on this..

Does anyone know if the Fractal Audio MFC101 can control the Kemper... in pretty much the same (or similar'ish) kinda way that it controls the Axe FX? I've got one that I kinda don't really wanna part ways with because I've had a custom road case made up for it, and in a perfect world, I'd like to continue using it. Though, it's not a deal-breaker if I can't.

SECONDARY to this, I've also got the Line 6 Helix.. could I use that to wholey and solely control the Kemper? I know I'll need to run it in one of the loops and so forth, but I'm just curious to know if either the MFC can steer the Kemper ship and/or can the Helix as well...??!!

Thanks guys ^^

[Blocked Image: http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag122/djole1005/My%20PB%202_zpsxqmvhpvh.jpg]

• You would only run the Helix in the Kemper loop if you wanted to use the effects or amp models. Both the devices you mentioned can control the Kemper via Midi. You would setup the switches to send cc controls to turn on and off the stomps/effects and preset changes to adjust amp profiles.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I'm controlling my KPA with a Helix (floor model). The Kemper is in one of the Helix loops (two, actually, I'm running a stereo return so I can use the effects in the Kemper along with those in the Helix). You can also run the KPA in the Helix via S/PDIF, the trick there is to set the output of path one and the input of path two to S/PDIF. This inserts the KPA in between the two paths.