#5 FRFR vs. Guitar Speaker

• A great tube amp via a great guitar cabinet sounds huge - nothing can beat it.

I still love to play my tube amps - just for the fun of it.

So why a Kemper when I still use conventional gear?

When I record anything its much easier to use my profiles - they sound better and more consistent than trying to get the same sound each time.
    Because I can spend much more time while creating the profiles to optimize the complete setup.

Another advantage - I can play anywhere, at any sound level, even at the mid of the night with headphones - and can record the profile of my amp without any noise.

So I see no reason to use anything else than FRFR in my studio.

What would I recommend for live playing?
    FRFR as well!

Why?

The advantage of the Kemper is to simulate the complete signal chain incl. the cabinet, mic ...

If I would use the KPA with direct profiles and a real cabinet - I would use only have of the full package.

And the main disadvantage is:
    In case you only one guitar cabinet with the Kemper - it will sound like many amps via the same speaker.

Is this a bad thing?

It depends.

A Rectifier profile via a Recto 4x12" with V30 speakers may sound great.

A Marshall profile via a Recto 4x12" with V30 speakers may sound ok.

But a Fender Combo profile via a Recto 4x12" with V30 speakers will sound like sh..

If you still use a guitar cabinet with the KPA - consider the next step to get full use of the Kemper - go FRFR :)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Armin now you have to make Merged profiles :P:D
    see so we can use cabinets with our FRFR"s yes i know you will only make studio
    But Merged is still great man just saying

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.