Hello to you all, newbe from Holland

• Welcome!

Yes, spend some time with the factory profiles - there are also some from us commercial sellers included and other are available as free rig packs from the Kemper homepage.

Enjoy!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I have the unpowered rackversion. At this moment i Will just plug it straight into the PA, also with rehearsals, we have a small PA there.
    At home i can only use headphones at the moment, or use a tubeamp's return (like monitor)

I'll have to save up some more to get me some powered monitorspeakers i guess :D But that will have to wait, because i allready invested in a LP custom also :thumbup:

Thanx Bert for the advice about the headphones. I read that before somewhere on this page. Maybe i can find some close enough sounds and tweak some more using PA?

Also, i noticed that the alternative input brings along slightly more hiss than the front input. Is this a common thing, or do i need to get that checked? It's very little difference but noticable using headphone?

• Also, i can't seem to get the MP3 play along sound good. I have read the topics about it, got the right cable, have got sound, but sounds terrible. Like through an old phone with a little extra crunch. Anybody any other thoughts besides whats already on other topics?

• You're absolutely right: the manual mentions that the alternative input is slightly noisier than the front input. I've never actually checked it myself...

Selecting and tweaking sounds at home and then taking those to rehearsal for further comparing, testing and tweaking is a good way to start. You may find them to be usable, or you may want to start over, but in any case it will give you a feel for how a sound changes across different volume levels. It's not that they will sound completely different (technically, the Kemper operates in exactly the same way at bedroom and stage levels -- unlike a tube amp, which has to be 'cranked' to achieve its full sound), it's just that at different volumes, different frequencies are emphasized to the human ear.

Also, a guitar sound that sounds great in isolation (at home, through headphones) may not work well in a band mix and vice versa.

But in general, don't be afraid to jump in and experiment. The 'home versus band' warning given to newbies is mainly meant to stop them taking their new Kemper directly from the bedroom to the stage and being surprised or disappointed. Other than that, there's not much that can go wrong. :)

Ignore the last post

So you got it working then? :)