Compared frfr against solid state guit combo's today

• Yesterday i did a session where they had a fender champion 100, also a cheap solid state amp, and i loved it!!
    Where overdrives run into a solidstate used te be harsh and flat...smooth and responsive with the KPA!

• Yesterday i did a session where they had a fender champion 100, also a cheap solid state amp, and i loved it!!
    Where overdrives run into a solidstate used te be harsh and flat...smooth and responsive with the KPA!

You must have run directly through the guitar input. I don't see where it has an effects loop like the Katana. Personally, I would go with the BOSS/Roland product for reliability.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I can share my view on the subject.
    When i got the kemper i played it through a matrix gt 1000 and a vertical mesa 2x12.
    Sounded great, but the sound dispersion was what shifted me towards frfr.
    The cab is very directional and i could hear it nice when it was behind me on my side but the drummer and bassist got the icepick experience.
    Difficult to adjust the volume between yourself and the others in the band.

The other thing is that a cab sounds good, but all the profiles tend to sound very similar.
    Plus the dxr 10 is much easier to transport:)

How is the sound dispersion on the Katana amps?

• I didnt check the sound dispense.
    Tbh, i never had trouble with that using combo's, i set it up in a distance/upward angle that works for me, and the adjust left/right angle to suit the desires of other players.