FD Profiles Morgan PR12

• Hi All
    After watching this PR12 Demo I would really love a a profile of the Morgan PR12.

My question is this, the sample from FD Profiles Strat Sample is very different sounding. Do you think I will be able to get it to sound like in the youtube video?

I know he may be using different pickups, microphone etc, just wanted some advice before I pull the trigger on the profile.

Thanks

P.

• Hi,

I can't promise you get the exact same sound. But you will get 3 different sets of profiles, each set with different mics and different preamps. These profiles are made to match the character of the amp, using neutral settings that work for both single coil and humbucker. Each set includes different gain settings. In my opinion, changing the gain on the Kemper has very different results than profiling different gain settings.

The youtube demo also uses some reverb, which I switch off by default. Included in the profiles is a reverb setting, which you only need to switch on. My demo's are without reverb or any other effect.
    By using the tone controls of the Kemper (bass, mid and treble) you can modify the settings to suit your own taste. And I think you could get pretty close to the demo you posted. But it also depends on your guitar of course.

• Hi Robbert
    Many thanks for taking the time to explain, I have a strats and a Duesenberg Star Player TV as used in the video so hopefully pretty close!

Thanks again
    Peter