Powered Kemper monitoring options

• Got my Powered toaster over the weekend. Digging it but there is a large learning curve. Slow process. Even slower when you have little time to tinker.

Thinking about my monitoring options with the powered KPA. Initially I was thinking that I’d be able to get a nice FRFR “powered” wedge to put up by my vocal monitor and use this for each show. Then when I needed more monitoring for larger shows..…I’d just add a guitar cab behind me that could be powered by the Kemper. However, in reading up on the “Monitor cab off” options….Since the FRFR wedge would need cab simulation on (direct out?) and the actual guitar cab would need simulation off (powered speaker out)….it doesn’t seem like this is an option as the “monitor cab off” option seems to be more global for everything other than the main outs. Cant cherry pick having it on or off.

Am I correct in this assumption or am I missing something? Is there a way to run out to FOH with cab simulation, have 1 wedge with cab simulation, and then 1 guitar cab with NO cab simulation? This all may still come back to me not trusting that 1 wedge monitor will be enough for all situations.

• It is my understanding that the power amp out is wired through the Monitor output, and thus any settings for Monitor output, affect it and monitor output.

So engaging the Monitor Cab Off, would disable it for the Power output and monitor output. All others would have the cab sim.

So you could run the main outs to the wedge and direct out to foh (or vice versa)