Why is this forum not bursting with activity?

• I find it confusing that with something as new and innovative as the KPA, this forum does not have a very big membership, or at least not much activity. When remembering the days of the first line6 gear the line6 forums were absolutely buzzing with activity.....I don't get it. Also there are hardly any guys recording with it on youtube or anywhere else. I suppose it could be that it's very early days and not many have actually shipped yet? Maybe the "word" just simply isn't out there yet ? edit: I suppose it could have something to do with the world economy?

Very odd.

• Everybody is too busy playing to spend too much time in the forum :D. Lot's of owners probably don't even bother to be in the forum...
    What makes the difference is, IMHO, also the target market compared to Line6.

But you're right, is very quiet here, probably is going to change as soon as it starts shipping in US (and we'll see a lot more profiles as well)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I think you hit the nail on the head there, it's not in the US yet and most "vocal" forum posters seem to be from the states. Well spotted :)

• I think you hit the nail on the head there, it's not in the US yet and most "vocal" forum posters seem to be from the states. Well spotted :)

I don't think there are that many users yet either. Most places sold out very quickly after the first shipment and are awaiting the next one......

• That's also true. I ordered mine at the beginning of October and it will be delivered later TODAY !!!!

• The Kemper lives up to the hype, there's nothing to complain about when you first get it, you're blown away.
    If an internet guitarist can't complain he keeps quite. :D

Everyone who tested my Kemper demo unit was a Pro.
    As soon as they get their KPAs I can assure you they wont join this forum or any other internet guitar forum, they don't have the time or inclination.
    The Kemper, IMO, is about as PRO a piece of guitar gear any studio can buy, don't expect PRO engineers/guitarists to participate on the internet...a few might, but the majority won't.

Regarding clips.
    Jon, do you remember the "old" days, when we all used to jam over a backing track using Pods and Tonelabs and JStations, VAmps, and a few guys miking their amps?
    Those were the days, try that today.
    These days you post a clip on TGP and within 5 seconds you have the worlds greatest Audiophile scientists (who never post clips) making the most ridiculous comments imaginable....it's enough to scare the sh*t out of any internet guitarist. ;)
    No matter how good the clip sounds there will be those who have something negative to say.
    If a 5 second section of a 27 minute clip sounds bad, they will talk about that 5 seconds on every Kemper discussion...you have to be brave to post clips.

You're brave so I'm looking forward to your clips. :D

• You're brave so I'm looking forward to your clips. :D

Not brave, If someone doesn't like what I do then that's up to them...I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. You are correct regards forums and participation in jams and music projects. There used to be a healthy camaraderie in most forums but then the dicks who constantly complain and whine moved in and killed a lot of the good guys off. There was one guy on a forum who constantly belittled everything any other member posted and then one day he eventually posted some of his own playing.....he was without doubt the worst player on the forum....so I told him and he was never seen again :D I can take it though, my skin is thicker than that and after all said and done it is only playing the guitar, it's not life and death !

• I got My KPA on Friday (5 days ago). Till now I'm not able to post in the private part of the forum .....(part of this surely my fault) ?(

• I got My KPA on Friday (5 days ago). Till now I'm not able to post in the private part of the forum .....(part of this surely my fault) ?(

You need to send Support an e-mail with your serial number (underneath the unit, on the barcode label: "KPA.....") and your nickname

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You need to send Support an e-mail ....

Oh, no problem, one email a day keeps the acount away ......ooops ...
    Seriously, the barcode sticker under my KPA is printed madly, the letters are too small for old men with reading glasses and the cryptical letters were not identified as a Ser.No. Oh yeah, I looked for "Ser.No." HAHA ....

• Oh, no problem, one email a day keeps the acount away ......ooops ...
    Seriously, the barcode sticker under my KPA is printed madly, the letters are too small for old men with reading glasses and the cryptical letters were not identified as a Ser.No. Oh yeah, I looked for "Ser.No." HAHA ....

lol, exactly the same as me....I had to get a magnifying glass to see it even with my glasses on :D

• I find it confusing that with something as new and innovative as the KPA, this forum does not have a very big membership, or at least not much activity. When remembering the days of the first line6 gear the line6 forums were absolutely buzzing with activity.....I don't get it. Also there are hardly any guys recording with it on youtube or anywhere else. I suppose it could be that it's very early days and not many have actually shipped yet? Maybe the "word" just simply isn't out there yet ? edit: I suppose it could have something to do with the world economy?

Very odd.

I think the problem too is no participation from Mr Kemper on this forum, at least from what I've read so far, and having a Public/Private doesn't seem to help, there has been times where I had questions related to topics on the Private area, but can't because don't have a KPA yet.. I've had more luck asking questions about the KPA, in other forums, still interested in KPA and was assured by the music store where I'm buying that they have a 30 day return policy, so I guess I'll find all the answers when I buy it. :)

• I think the problem too is no participation from Mr Kemper on this forum, at least from what I've read so far, and having a Public/Private doesn't seem to help, there has been times where I had questions related to topics on the Private area, but can't because don't have a KPA yet.. I've had more luck asking questions about the KPA, in other forums, still interested in KPA and was assured by the music store where I'm buying that they have a 30 day return policy, so I guess I'll find all the answers when I buy it. :)

Mr Kemper has participated on the forum....not as much as some moderators/owners/administrators participate/dominate on other forums (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more).

What questions do you have, fire away we'll answer them for you. :)

• What questions do you have, fire away we'll answer them for you.

A have a few which i've already asked, but no replies so far, but one very important question I have is this: Does the KPA have any kind of protection in the XLR outputs in case of 48 v phantom power is on by whatever mixer your using?
    A friend of mine had asked this question to Kemper before, but this was months ago, and the reply he got wasn't very clear, basically saying not to plug the KPA into mixer channels with phantom power on, now of course i know we shouldn't do that, BUT in real life situations sometimes it can't be avoided, some small mixers (Mackie etc) have a global phantom power switch, All ON , or All Off, we use one of these at rehearsal, sometimes phantom has to be on to power some mics, or DI's etc for the other guys, also at live gigs specially festivals with a few bands, even if the monitor consoles have individual switches for 48v phantom power, sometimes mistakes are made by the engineer, and you end up with phantom power in the KPA channels, now what happens, what can we expect? will the KPA fry the outputs or anything else inside? Like I said if there is no protection, even being careful, sooner or later it will happen, this is why it's important to me, and i assume everyone who owns one.

• I've been forgetting the Phantom on my mixer switched on at least 10 times, and another 10 times I have switched Phantom on instead power off :wacko: ...nothing happened...