#9 Buy some profiles - Why should I buy profiles anyway?

• Why should I buy profiles?

There are 4 options:
    1) use only what's included in the KPA
    2) create your own profiles
    3) search RigExchange for great profiles
    4) buy some commercial profiles

Lets go thru all of them:
    1)
    While some of the included profiles are great - you limit yourself a lot if you only use the stock profiles.
    There are profiles from a lot of other great tube amps available - and these amps are profiled in a lot of different settings and setups.

2)
    This is the best way - but you need all this:
    -a collection of great sounding tube amps
    -some great speakers
    -mics
    -preamps
    -a decent recording room
    -recording knowledge
    -profiling knowledge

If you have all the above - give it a try - you'll learn a lot and may get great results

3)
    Two thinks are for sure:
    There are a lot of great profiles in rig exchange
    There is a lot of crap in rig exchange

You will find some profiles you'll like a lot - but you will need a lot of time to find them.
    How much do you value your time?

The other disadvantage is:
    If you find a great profile of any amp - in most cases will you not find great profiles of the same amp with other channels, settings, options, switches...

But give it a try - it's also very interesting to search and fine some gems.

4)
    Look for sellers who do this for some time - nowadays there are a lot of sellers - some have created just a few packs and like to make some money - but the quality is not this good.
    Others create very great profiles - from a lot of amps - with all the channels, a lot of amp settings and all options of that amp.

Try different sellers - each one has a different way to create profiles (and different gear).

Even the same amp may sound very different if you buy from different sellers - which will increase your collection of great profiles - and gives you a more complete set of profiles from the amps you like.

Most sellers have learned a lot during their years of creating profiles.

So, the latest profile packs may sound much better then the first ones.

Check out the latest work even from sellers from which you have bought some years ago.

Get some new inspiration from your KPA with great profiles.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited 2 times, last by Armin ().

• Armin, If you play like you articulate you must be a force of nature. Kemper has provided something as dramatic as the electrified guitar itself. Armin you stated everything perfectly. Bravo Mofo! I have toured and recorded as a side man and a band member over 40 wonderful godamn years. Been coast to coast and border to border and I still can't tell you what the U.S. looks like during the day. Played stank ass bars, festivals, fairs and gorgeous symphonic concert halls. I've seen the record deals when they were big deals. Their were budget times I spent 3 full months in the studio watching the players melt downs over sound. Kemper is a game changer for damn sure. Now I just let the ladies carry all my guitars to the ride out. Copacetic, Muddy :!: