Purchase decision: Kemper Profiler Power-Amp or un-powered ???

• Hello Forum,

I wanna buy an Kemper ProfilerAmp within the next days and want to use ist for guitar and bass (different rigs ;) ) , but I cannot really decide which version.
    Currently I use an Engl valve amp with a Marshall 2x12" cab for guitar and an other amp + cab for bass.
    I read here a lot about the disadvantages of a legacy guitar box and so I think about these two possibilities:

1. KPA powered with an passive (FRFR) cab (e.g. "Matrix FR212" )
    2. KPA un-powered with an active (FRFR) ca (e.g. Yamaha DXR 12 or 10)

What would you recommend?

kind regards

• For me the biggest factor to get an unpowered Kemper was that the sound from my DXR monitor dont colour the sound. I play 95% live so i want to hear exactly what is going out trough the PA. I only use a DXR8 and its perfect together with quality In-ears.
    On Bass I think you need some more meat and bigger speakers!

• Hi, yes thats´s why I thougt the KPA powered would have enough "meat" with 600W to play with passive cabs with 12", 15" or two 12"/15" speakers, just like the Matrix FR212.
    I found so many active and passive caps on web... it´s not so easy.
    And I aggree with you, cause I wanna hear the sound just like the audience over PA.

• I went with the powered KPA and love it. I went with the Mission Engineering Gemini 1-P, but plan on trying other powered and passive FRFR solutions. My thought with the powered KPA is that you can still use it the same as the unpowered KPA in the event you get a DXR10 or even a Matrix FR12. You have the poweramp as a backup in the even you get to a gig and don't have your powered speaker, or perhaps you just like it better.

I'm enticed to try the Mission Engineering KM212-P, which was designed for the Kemper powerhead/power rack. It's a traditional passive guitar 2x12 in an undersized 4x12 body, but the speakers have an extended frequency response for your cab sims in the KPA. I previously had 2 Matrix NL12's (which I assume are similar) and they sounded absolutely amazing. Weighed nothing, too.

I did a lot of research on this to make the best informed decision for myself, which I tried to succinctly summarize here.

• Oh yes, all the points you describe is my point of view too.
    I think for me it will be the best decision to buy the KPA powered espacially because of the flexibility. :thumbup:

• Awesome man! Congrats and welcome to the forum.

• So, everything arrived (remote incuded :D ) few days ago. The last days I spend a lot of time to try out a lot and I can say: I´m so glad that I decided to by this great device!!! So will have a lot of fun!
    Thanks for your support!

• So, everything arrived (remote incuded :D ) few days ago. The last days I spend a lot of time to try out a lot and I can say: I´m so glad that I decided to by this great device!!! So will have a lot of fun!
    Thanks for your support!

Always worth the wait for something good!! Enjoy :thumbup: