The Kemper has landed

• Just delivered ! I will let it get up to room temperature before I plug it in as it is absolutely freezing outside and the metal case of the kemper is just as cold ! Clips later :)

• Just delivered ! I will let it get up to room temperature before I plug it in as it is absolutely freezing outside and the metal case of the kemper is just as cold ! Clips later :)

If you tune a humbucker guitar to drop d and do some chugga chugga riffing with some of the high gain amps and post the clips, I'll paypal you a buck. :D Like many others, I'm still waiting to hear some good higher gain clips of this thing before deciding to take the plunge. Have fun!!!

• I opened the box, switched it on, twiddled a couple of knobs and then recorded a bit of random noodling, so here's a few seconds of it.

This is the "whole lotta love" patch

mp3 here

Guitar recorded dry, added lexicon room in reaper. Strings and fingers are a bit rusty as I haven't played for 2 months, been so busy with programming. I will restring tonight and give it another go.

So far, excellent. Really feels like and sounds like an amp.

• You need to update your account, so you can post in the clip area. Serial number is underneath the unit, on th barcode label, "KPA...."

What do you have against the onboard reverb?! :cursing: :D :D :D :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• What do you have against the onboard reverb?! :cursing: :D :D :D :D

:D Nothing, I just prefer to record dry, allows much more flexibility. I also prefer to play dry too as it feels more like playing an amp. Already emailed my serial number to them but no reply so far.

• Already emailed my serial number to them but no reply so far.

Everybody is traveling to NAMM, out of that you're not going to find somebody in a German company after 5pm... ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Very Zeppelinish! Please, if you can, post more clips.
    Thank you,
    Ken

one more for luck. I used my tele this time, mangled fingers but what the hell.

mp3here using the "bad kitty" profile.

The dynamics are very good on the kemper. near the middle of this ramble I just pick very gently and then dig in again and it goes from clean to dirt just like an amp does.

• Oh boy!!! I knew you were going to make great sounding clips, these guys dont know you like I know you. :)

That sounds so "real", like I'm standing in the crowd listening to a very loud tube amp on the stage.

Great stuff.

Davide - post it up at TGP.

• Same thing, it sounds like a real guitar cab, like Cliff from Fractal said, the cab is the most important part of the tone, and you hear it right here.

This is going to be fun, looking forward to these clips. 8)