Got a PROBLEM, need help!

• Not with my Kemper, mine is fine.

A client of mine and his Kemper.

The screen keeps going blank, it stays lit, but it's blank with nothing on it, and all the lights of the unit go off as well.
    When he turns if off the screen stays lit but doesn't turn off.

So, he unplugged the power cable, that obviously turns it off.
    Then whilst holding down the RIG button he turned it on.
    It switched on like normal.
    He thought perhaps restoring the "Factory Rigs" might sort things out, but before he could do that the screen goes blank again and we're back to square one.

Any advice?

• Tell him to unplug it for 30 min (pulling the cord out) and make a System boot. Worth a try....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Rafport had something similar and had to do with midi, but he got sorted out, send him a PM and ask what he did (apparently was not for public use)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I must say, this USB stick thing is starting to get on my nerves.

I've now spent an hour formatting the stick, copying and pasting the Kaos bin firmware update file ontp it, putting in the Kemper, it shows no update available.
    Again, format, start all over again, same thing, no update available....for an hour.
    Eventually you just want to put your fist through the wall.

Funny thing is, it's the same USB stick from yesterday when the firmware update file loaded first time round and the Kemper updated, today, the Kemper wont recognize the same USB stick.

Time to quit.

• Are you meant to see 3 files on the USB stick after a Format?
    Backup, Shared and OS Update?

I'm not trying to fix my Kemper, I'm trying to fix one that a music store sold to a customer.

• Yes, the format is correct

Edit: make a Backup of your unit and try to restore from that backup, this will automatically update the system