Question about use of cabs/IR's

• Hi I have a question. Its my understanding that the process of profiling takes into account the amp sound as a whole as relayed from the Mic into the profiler. I don't understand then how the cab can be separated from the sound. Can someone address this please?

• Through a clever algorithm which is not 100% correct, but still works wonderfully! :)

There is however the possibility of profiling the amp separately through a DI box (special ones that are capable of taking the levels coming out of an amp), which can then be combined with a "full profile" taken of the exact same settings and setup. This process is called "merging". This way, the Kemper knows exactly where the amp ends and the cab/mics begin. It's explained a bit more in depth in the unofficial FAQ, which is linked in my signature.

• Makes sense. But I would think if the profile was made in the traditional sense (through the included speaker) that it would certainly be the most authentic as it is without messing with the cab right. Unless you records a '64 AC30 through a Blue Marvel or something. 8|