Advice on a monitor solution?

• Thanks for all the replies. I had an alto ts212 ordered as of last week before I saw the post about the XiTone passive cab. May have to buy one of those too. Is anyone aware of a way to run stereo with a powered speaker and a passive speaker, running out of 2 different outputs? Or is it only possible out of the mains with 2 powered speakers?

• John,

My reasoning is exactly what I had just explained above. I know that Mick tested several amp/speaker combinations before deciding which one to implement into the Xitone wedge. That's probably the main benefit of buying a powered monitor (that you are getting a matched amp and speaker).

That said, I did state that I haven't compared the Xitone to anything else (meaning, take my word with a grain of salt). For all I know the built in power amp in the Kemper may be a better fit then the Matrix amp that comes with the active Xitone wedge. But, then again, it may not be better. All I'm saying is for the OP not to discard active monitors so easily. There may or may not be merit in it in terms of tone, which is what we all ultimately care about (otherwise we wouldn't be spending money on a Kemper). That's all :-).

• The alto ts 212 arrived tonight. Sounds ok, but to my ears there is a stiff, "plasticky" quality to the sound of profiles with any kind of gain involved. Maybe that's to be expected in that price range? ?( Sounds pretty good playing mp3 songs through it.