static/interference noise

• yesterday my Kemper started making a harsh loud noise a couple of times when I was playing
    the noise was sort of like the jolt when you touch the end of the jack, or when you're plugging the guitar in sometimes

eventually it started making this static/interference noise constantly...deafening...

I turned it on and off a few times, tuner/browser and perform mode all made this noise, couldn't hear a thing above the noise

I switched it on and off a few times but the noise was still there

what eventually stopped the noise was by turning down the headphone aux in level, there was nothing plugged in to the aux in/direct/alternative input when this was happening, I unplugged everything and only plugged the headphones and guitar back in but that noise was there until the aux volume was turned down

I'm wondering if there's something possibly wrong with the machine, I only got it yesterday so easier to get it replaced now if this problem sounds like something that may cause future problems

• hi thanks, Happy New Year
    ....do you think there could be a problem with it?? if there is I think I'm better returning it for a refund then getting another
    don't want to be sending a day old unit in for repair!

• hi thanks, Happy New Year
    ....do you think there could be a problem with it?? if there is I think I'm better returning it for a refund then getting another
    don't want to be sending a day old unit in for repair!

I'm not the one to say. If you open a support ticket the company will be able to tell if it's a software bug, intended functionality or hardware problem.

I think it's a bit fast to reach the conclusion that you don't want a kemper if the unit you've received is faulty. It sucks, of course, but if you like the tones you can get out of it, it may be a bit hasty :)

• sorry, I mean send this one back, get a refund then buy another brand new one with hopefully no issues

I'm definitely staying with Kemper

just not a good feeling when you discover something like that after only minutes of use! I'll contact support first tnx :)

o/t - do you need to do this reCaptcha verification every time you post on here?

• hmm, looks like the aux in volume was a red herring, it's now making every profile/preset sound distorted/weird even with stomp, stack and effects all disabled

then that screeching brown noise sound comes back if you turn the aux in volume up

kinda sounds like an 8-bit computer game!

hopefully it gets sorted quick