Browser Mode - Remote Foot-switch Latency Issue - UPDATE!!!

• Hi All,

Well, I finally upgraded to the latest FW with very little issues. The new delays are great!!!

However, I do notice a substancial delay or latency now when changing presets via the Remote foot-switches in Browser mode.

In Performance mode they change immediately which is good.

Has anyone else noticed this issue in Browser mode?

Also, is it worth it to add all the updated FW factory presets / profiles?

I usually just stick to using a handful of mostly MBritt profiles that I am really happy with.

• Update.

Today - one day after latest FW update, I have lost the ability to change presets on my remote and directly on the Kemper itself in Browser mode after multiple restarts. Everything seems fine in Performance mode.

Yesterday night everything seemed to be working properly except for the latency issue above. Now the Remote Foot-switch and the Kemper itself in Browser mode are pretty much useless.

The profile that appears in Browser mode at start-up is the last one I was on last night when I shut it down. I only have the ability to turn the effects on and off but can't change presets and when I hit browse it only shows that preset.

Looks like I may have to revert back to my old 3.2. FW. YIKES!!!

Any ideas for solutions would be greatly appreciated.

• hi, I have no idea regarding your most recent problems but I also thought I got some latency when switching via Midi in Browse Mode with the latest firmware. I have not tested with an older version yet but I think the latency was due to the enabled rig x-fade after the update. At least it feels good enough for me now after disabling that to stick with 5.03.

cheers,
    Michael

• Thanks for your responses guys!

Fortunately, I made a back-up yesterday right after updating the new FW when everything was still stable.

I reloaded that and everything is back to normal now.

Very strange...

• Indeed. If you have time, upgrade again and see if the problems persists. No sense not being on the latest firmware with all the treats that go with it. If it acts up again make a backup of that and send it off to support and then revert back until they contact you. Good Luck!

• Indeed. If you have time, upgrade again and see if the problems persists. No sense not being on the latest firmware with all the treats that go with it. If it acts up again make a backup of that and send it off to support and then revert back until they contact you. Good Luck!

Thanks man!

Sorry for the confusion, but that's what I meant with my previous response.

I'm still on the latest FW, just bobbing and weaving to some ghosts!!!