Lonestar Special

• I tried to profile my LonestarSpecial - it's a 2x12" combo and has a lot of bass - I never got close with any other (digital) gear.
    So I made a lot of noise (until the wife complains - two floors above ;)

When I used my ADK the bass was fine but I don't liked the treble (sounded dull), the SM57 delivers not at all the great Lonestar bass.

So I used both at once...

The amp was on the clean channel all at about 12:00
    (Gain=1:00, Tr=1:00, Mi=1:00, Ba=11:00, Pre=1:00, Master 11:00 - 30Watt mode)
    I used my PRS neck pu only.

The first part is with both mic's - then I switched sometimes between both and SM57 only - the last part are both again
    (I did not switch the mic's but the profiles)

Sounds about the same as the amp - when played at the same (loud) level.

http://soundcloud.com/ahha/lss-s-a-prsneck

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Profiles are done :)

Profiles of both channels at various gain settings, microphones, switches ...

Used Mic's:

ADK = ADK Hamburg condenser microphone
    SM57 = Shure SM57
    S&A = ADK & SM57 at the same time
    A&S = SM57 & ADK at the same time (different mix)
    R121 = Royer 121 (directly connected to the KPA)
    R& = Royer 121 via MicPreAmp
    603 = MXR 603S condenser microphone
    L = Linear measurement condenser microphone

check link below

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Thanks, Armin!

Would you care to elaborate to the licensing of these profiles? I can't find any information at your homepage. What if somebody share them after purchasing?

Thank you!

• As with all similar products:
    You can freely use this profiles to create any kind of music, soundtracks or even #1 hits or whatever you like.
    You are not allowed to share the profiles, part of it or any 'new' rigs created with this profiles.

• I made my living with sounds, patches, speaker impules and similar stuff - since 1997.
    You can freely use them - without any limitation - for musical work.
    If you have deeper questions please ask me via pm or my website.

• This is no offense, Armin.
    I make my living with software development since 87 and I am aware of problems with licensing violations.

I'm just curious. If one can license a profile then it must be also possible to license an "amp-sound" or an Axe Preset. I see no problem in selling it but I see many problems to prohibit the dissemination.

What if I buy a profile and use it in my KPA in multiple rigs, rename it, change settings, change cabs and after a year I have lost the overview and share one of my rigs (wich uses the original profile) with my mates in a forum.

I am quite sure that you (and many others) also don't know how to defend copying your profiles otherwise you would have clear instructions at your website. At least in the EU contents of a contract must be clear before puchasing.

• I'm not sure what i think about selling profiles. In one hand i think its just wrong and very bad for the kemper community i can see it putting off many potential new kemper owners. Then in the other hand i could see it a bit like selling IR,s like redwirez do but i am leaning towards the first view. It will be interesting to see what happens long term if this becomes the norm for people to sell them. What i do see as wrong is using the kemper forum to advertise them for sale. I very much doubt they can be Legally copyrighted

• i don't like the idea of selling/bying profiles either (except coming from the original amp company). from my point of view - and please don't take it personally, armin - you use all the great free profiles from this place, but sell yours... and the selling of the profiles has another bad taste since you use a company's sound, "record" it and sell the result. but i don't like this selling idea in general. i think the kemper is a great instrument in getting musicians together. the selling point kinda spoils this idea. but... ofmcourse... just my point of view.

• I'm not sure what i think about selling profiles. In one hand i think its just wrong and very bad for the kemper community i can see it putting off many potential new kemper owners. Then in the other hand i could see it a bit like selling IR,s like redwirez do but i am leaning towards the first view. It will be interesting to see what happens long term if this becomes the norm for people to sell them. What i do see as wrong is using the kemper forum to advertise them for sale. I very much doubt they can be Legally copyrighted

:thumbup:

• Some hints to profile a Lonestar Special:

Buy the amp (if you get one - they are rare):
    http://www.thomann.de/de/mesa_…al_2x12_gitarrencombo.htm
    2450Euro

Get a Royer R121:
    http://www.thomann.de/de/royer_labs_r121.htm
    1299Euro

In addition you'll need a preamp, a mic-stand and some cables.

Then spend a full week to profile the amp at different settings.

done

After this do with this profiles whatever you want - keep them to yourself - share them for free - ask for a little fee - delete them ...

btw. here you can discuss if profiling by itself is illegal or only in case you share a profile:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1023261

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• ??? we all own amps that we paid for...

profiling a diezel vh4:
    vh4: 2959,-
    engl 412 pro: 949,-
    sm57: 93,-
    ksm313: 1299,-
    + rest

but there is no point in price tagging... we all love the amps we got...that's why we bought them. i just love the 'free' spirit of/about the kemper idea.

• Yes, everybody is free to profile their amps post them for free - the same is true for speaker impulses, synth patches and so on.

But there are also synth patches available for sale - as well as collections of speaker impulses - and now profiles.

I'll post some free profiles in the next time as well - but IMHO are my sets different - I try to carefully capture the sound of the amp in all available settings, channels, switchers ...

I need about one week for a profile set (not just one SM57 before the amp and one shoot).

If this is of value for someone or not has everybody to decide themselve.

• I'll post some free profiles in the next time as well - but IMHO are my sets different - I try to carefully capture the sound of the amp in all available settings, channels, switchers ...

Sounds a bit big-headed. I found the best profiles and cabs as free user contributions in this forum. But maybe my ears are very bad considering your statement in the Axe-Forum:

Quote from Armin @ FAS Forum

I downloaded a lot of 'User-profiles' and got a bunch of them from some
    other users ..... and most (not all!) of them sounded IMHO like crap -
    yesterday I deleted almost all of them.

:S

• Yes, feel free to use whats best for you.
    Sound is very subjective - and thats fine for me.