EV12L with a horn?

• Thinking of trying to replace my 12" in my wedge with the EVM and not disconnecting the horn, so I would keep the cab sims. Wondering if this might add a little depth that I feel is missing. Problem is my monitors: VP7212MDP have the 12' soldered up with a DSP chip - so not a simple swap.

Anyone ever try an EVM with the tweeter?

• Not tried the EVM12L with a tweeter but I've tried the EVM12L in several guitarcabs. I came to the conclusion that this speaker had the best bass response in a Thiele cab that is especialy designed for the EVM12L.
    I guess in your case it's just a matter of trying. I asume the speaker in the VP has a wire from the speaker to the DSP print?

• Yes, it is hardwired. I have several Thiele's. Some original Pacific ones, many Mesas, including the Road ready cabs. Some EV-SROs as well. They are what I use with my SLOs.

Interested in hearing these with a horn, not sure I want to disconnect the DSP since I don't want to destroy that. Just thinking the JBL 12" is most likely a little sterile.

• The EV12L is a great sounding high-efficiency beast with 100 dB for one watt. With the proper horn and crossover you will enter the FRFR road. I prefer that over classic guitar cabinets. Give it a shot!

Ne travaillez jamais.

• For what it's worth, I know a few guys who got them and none liked it. They felt every dynamic was the same and just felt flat and lifeless.

If you're looking for a cab with FRFR, I'd check out the Mission Engineering Gemini 1-P.