Rackmount Multiband Compressor

• I am, of course, a fan of the Kemper eventually getting a Multiband Compressor added but that isn't a reality right now.

I have the Waves C4 plugin that I use through my DAW software and that is perfect for my needs. I am having difficulty finding a hardware version of something similar.
    I'm looking for a unit with ability to compress a specific and definable range (low mids etc...) and nothing else.
    Fort the life of me I can't seem to find anything that a) is compatible with the Kemper or b) isn't over $5000.

Does anyone here have personal experience with any unit that matches my description, Compressor or Multi Effects Unit/Processor?

Oh, and no offense intended, but I'm not interested in any lectures on how, "Distorted guitars don't need compression..." or any of the other "helpful" comments that some people seem compelled to add whenever this topic is brought up.

Closest I have found seems to be the Rane DC24 and the Behring DEQ2496 but I have concerns about both, Rane DC24-quality & reliability, Behring DEQ2496-compatibility.
    Have any of you guys used either of these units?

If a viable hardware solution doesn't exist (as I am starting to believe may be the case) then so be it. I do feel that there has to be something more practical
    than bringing my laptop to gigs/rehearsals and running my signal through that just to get what I'm looking for.

Edited once, last by SqWark ().

• TC Electronic Triple C might do the trick, if it comes to multiband compression.

Thank-you! :thumbup:

That is one of the ones I have my eye on.... Literally :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311785…geName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It does look like it would do the job, I am hesitating a little as it is an older model and I just don't know how significant that is in regards to reliability.

I'm waiting to see if I can get any more feedback from folks though perhaps I should just bite the bullet and buy it.

One thing I learned when I bought my Rackmount Tuner last year was that the very next week (after I bought it), a Kemper update came out with the exact same feature!! :D

Obviously couldn't just be a coincidence :thumbup: