Output/Master Section 44

• The subject above refers to a diagram in the Reference Manual for connecting two speakers to Monitor Out and Direct Out.

I have read somewhere that you should never connect a powered speaker to the Speaker output. Is this right?

But is it possible to play stereo, using these Monitor Out and Direct Out for 2 powered speaker cabs, ( or connecting a stereo amp with two non-powered cabinets?) This would mean: stereo through main outs and stereo through Monitor Out and Direct Out.

BTW I'm talking about my Powerhead, so can it damage something? Or would setting volume to zero prevent this?

• Youtr answer is confusing to me. Since the speaker out is not meant for an amp (or powered speaker) that would lead to damage, is it not?

And you mention perfectly possible with the correct settings in the output menu. But it would be more clearer to me if you explain how.

• I have read somewhere that you should never connect a powered speaker to the Speaker output. Is this right?

This is indeed right. I didn't really get what it had to do with your general question.

And you mention perfectly possible with the correct settings in the output menu. But it would be more clearer to me if you explain how.

From the reference manual:

"You can also setup an individually controllable stereo output separately from the MAIN OUTPUT: set Monitor Output
    source to “Master Left” and Direct Output source to “Master Right”. Link both volumes of DIRECT and MONITOR
    OUTPUT to the MASTER VOLUME knob, and unlink Main Volume. Now you have a stereo monitor signal,
    Output/Master Section 45
    controllable by the MASTER VOLUME knob, independent from the MAIN OUTPUT, which goes to the main mixing
    desk."

• Hi DaanJM, I explain what it has to do with my question.
    I want to play stereo in stage. I have two selfpowered QSC K8 PA FRFR speakers:
    https://www.idjnow.com/qsc-k8-…with-cables-and-case.html

Since connecting to the speaker out is out of the question an also the two main outs for FOH, that leaves me to the direct out en monitor option. Can they handle two powered powered speakers, or an an extra all valve stereo amp with two non powered speakers ( in case this is an even better option...? If yes, what to do with the 600 W internal mono amp?