Active/Inactive Status of Wah in case no footcontroller connected

• Hi there,

Problem: In almost every performance, I have a Wah in slot 1 which activates upon pedal activity (so basically effect/slot is "switched on", but slot settings are to inactivate at toe position of Expression Pedal connected to Kemper remote)
    Now, if I use the kemper at home, often I do not connect the remote to it, or at least do not connect the Expression pedal to the remote (mostly i do this at rehearsal or live only).
    BUT: if there is no remote connected, or remote without Expression pedal, WAH IS ALWAYS ON - meaning that I have to manually switch off the wah slot in every performance when playing at home without remote, and on again for rehearsals of live use (with the risk to forget to switch on again....)

Any solution for that? I would suggest, that if there is a wah in slot one set to be inactive when in toe or heel position, it should be inactive as well when there is no expression pedal connected or no kemper remote connected. Any arguments against this?

Best wishes,

Sebastian

• Thanks, but for my taste it inactivates too quickly when not moving the pedal during operation - I tried that and often ended up with on-off-on-off during operation, this is why I set it to off at toe position.

• Just a thought, I wonder what would happen if you set one of the 2 switch/pedal inputs to Wah and then when you play at home just insert a shorting TRS plug into the socket.
    I think it would be Tip to Ring and that should hold the wah position to Toe.

Just thinking out loud...haven't tried it.