Very low signal with American Strat at Kemper Input

• Hi all,

I baught a Kemper 2 weeks ago.
    It seems that the input signal of my Fender American Strat is very low.
    To have the same volume of gained sounds I have to put the input "Clean Sens" up to 8.
    Is this normal?
    Is is a sceond hand device from 2011 and I'm not sure weather newer Kemper has better hardware which can handle the input better.
    Or whaht could be the reason?

• I don't think it's "UNnormal" :)

I wouldn't worry about it - sicne it goes from -12 to 12 as I recall.

No, there shouldn't be any difference between kempers I don't think hardware has changed, not in any way that impact the use of the device anyway.

It's probably just low-output pickups, possibly fairly far from the strings (which is not a problem, just one of the ways pickups can differ from each other). Keep in mind that the kemper also supports high-output active pickups, so it stands to reason that some guitars will need the clean sens up pretty high :)

• Also, check this video for the proper set up of Input senses :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I compare one profile and raise the gain knob.
    Its like described in the manual to compensate the different volume of clean and gain in one profile.
    But I think that this difference is very big for my Strat.