Taking the leap to KPA- HELP!

• Rcf nx 10 sma 400 watt active monitor here for giging. Absolutly enough power for bars and venues like this. Brilliant sound. This one has also a cool sound at bedroom level, thats the big difference to the dxr 10 from yamaha. The yamaha rocks when you drive it loud. That made my decision for the rcf easy.
    Krk rookit rp 6 g3 monitors for recording at home.

• Rcf nx 10 sma 400 watt active monitor here for giging. Absolutly enough power for bars and venues like this. Brilliant sound. This one has also a cool sound at bedroom level, thats the big difference to the dxr 10 from yamaha. The yamaha rocks when you drive it loud. That made my decision for the rcf easy.
    Krk rookit rp 6 g3 monitors for recording at home.

Hi Frank,

I don't have a dog in this fight, as I use a passive XiTone 1x12 wedge cab with my KPA PowerRack. I am certain the RCF is an amazing monitor system. However, I am a bit surprised that you found the Yammy DXR10 lacking, when it came to home / bedroom volume levels. I had not heard this complaint/criticism, before. In fact, I had read a lot of glowing reviews in regards to the Yammy DXR10 being able to hang at club levels, as well as remaining neutral and transparent all the way down to low volume levels. However, with that said, I have read numerous reviews in which the larger DXR12 tended to get a bit loose and flubby in the bass. Is it possible you had demo'd and are remembering the DXR12, not the 10" version? Just curious. Obviously, I am not arguing, here. If it didn't sound good to you, it didn't sound good.

Hoping everything is finding you and yours well.
    Cheers,
    John

• Hi Frank,
    I don't have a dog in this fight, as I use a passive XiTone 1x12 wedge cab with my KPA PowerRack. I am certain the RCF is an amazing monitor system. However, I am a bit surprised that you found the Yammy DXR10 lacking, when it came to home / bedroom volume levels. I had not heard this complaint/criticism, before. In fact, I had read a lot of glowing reviews in regards to the Yammy DXR10 being able to hang at club levels, as well as remaining neutral and transparent all the way down to low volume levels. However, with that said, I have read numerous reviews in which the larger DXR12 tended to get a bit loose and flubby in the bass. Is it possible you had demo'd and are remembering the DXR12, not the 10" version? Just curious. Obviously, I am not arguing, here. If it didn't sound good to you, it didn't sound good.

Hoping everything is finding you and yours well.
    Cheers,
    John

Hi John,
    just my 2 cents. I have heard the 10" and i must say that the yamaha is absolutely not my cup of tea. I compared it at bedroomlevel side by side and there was a big difference to the rcf. Ok, the rcf gives you an execelent hifi tone at bedroom level, this is not everybodys darling, but for me it was very clear that i like to have this tone when i play with less volume. I have heard the rcf the first time in the kemper track on frankfurts music trade fair and i was blown away and at rehearshal it is a beast, the drummer is very happy with it, he hears everything loud and clear.
    Best is, when you have the opportunity to check different frfr and than you make your own decision.
    The price is also a big point. I only like to say, there are some better solutions than "the glorius dxr" outside.

• Hi John,just my 2 cents. I have heard the 10" and i must say that the yamaha is absolutely not my cup of tea. I compared it at bedroomlevel side by side and there was a big difference to the rcf. Ok, the rcf gives you an execelent hifi tone at bedroom level, this is not everybodys darling, but for me it was very clear that i like to have this tone when i play with less volume. I have heard the rcf the first time in the kemper track on frankfurts music trade fair and i was blown away and at rehearshal it is a beast, the drummer is very happy with it, he hears everything loud and clear.
    Best is, when you have the opportunity to check different frfr and than you make your own decision.
    The price is also a big point. I only like to say, there are some better solutions than "the glorius dxr" outside.

Understood. Thanks for your feedback, Frank.

Cheers,
    John