New Profile way to loud / distored

• Just created a new profile - sounds nice when in profile-mode.
    Named it, stored it
    In browser mode I was shocked - it was THIS LOUD and totally distorted.
    Level is ok in case I switch off amp and cabinet - but again very loud in case I switch on amp, cab or both.
    All amp and cab parameters seams to be fine - volume at 12:00 - master maxed as with all other presets.

I use beta 1.02 - never happened with older firmware version.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Same problem here with 6911, 6972 + 7012. Can't reproduce it. Sometimes it is ok, sometimes it is crap.
    There are similar threads in this forum. Let's hope that the support guys have a look at the forum.

• Got this on 1.01 when profiling my dual showman at a quiet volume. Volume OK with just the amp component so I've loaded up a different cab., one of Tills Marshall 4 x 12, and it's OK. A shame, as I'd like to have got it with my 4 x 12 bassman 100 cab with Utah speakers (which everybody claims are crap, but I think sound great).

Vintage amp obsessive

• Save the new profile on the usb key, restore the last backup and load it again, you should be fine. Looks like the adjustment to the input/output structure remains after profiling

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Save the new profile on the usb key, restore the last backup and load it again, you should be fine. Looks like the adjustment to the input/output structure remains after profiling

Do have any further information on this? Got a reply from the kemper guys stating that they cannot replicate this problem.

• Got a reply from the kemper guys stating that they cannot replicate this problem.

How can this be? We got at least 4 different guys in this thread all saying they got this problem at some point. Did everybody sent detailed error reports via the contact form?

• I had the same problem after trying (unsuccesfully) to profile S-Gear. Was everything sounding like crap, I Have solve it macking a backup, extracting the rigs, restoring a previous backup and re-importing the rigs. Everthing fine after that.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I found that after profiling (still in the profile mode) I never had this problems.
    When I turn back to browse I get it sometimes - and sometimes just after I switch to another rig (right after profiling).

So I profile - and check the profile - change rig - and back - and in case all it's fine - then I continue with the next profile.
    If I got this high level junk - I go back and profile the same again - by this all my entries (amp, cab names ...) are still there - after this is done I delete the old profile.

This all is a pain in the a...

(I thought it happened in case I turn the knob to fast from profile to browse - but it happened also if I turn and wait ...)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Working on the mesa cab profiles yesterday, i took about 20 profiles and it happenend twice.

Still cannot say what is the reason for this. Could it be that it is just overloading the A/D convertor of the Return input? Has anybody checked it it happens more often with a hot input signal? Does it happen when you use a single dynamic mic with the XLR mic input? Or do you all use a submixer with the TRS input, like i did?

Anyway i think we really need a level indicator for the return signal...

• To help the kemper guys in narrowing down this error, my guess is that it has something to do with the altering of the value for the return input volume before profiling. In the last 2 days i did about 50 profiles and only got this error twice in the beginning. A few days ago, i had this problem every two or three profiles. Thinking about it, i now remember that i changed the return volume frequently when i had the problem often. In the last two days i did not change the value anymore but use the output volume control of my Mackie submixer in order to keep the levels balanced. With the output level meter on my submixer it is not just guessing that your levels are consistent.

Could you guys please check this? This error really needs to be sorted out asap.

• Yeah, the return level is screwy. I keep it at -32db and feed it line level. Anything else seems to be asking for trouble.

-32db??? ?(

Are you putting a mixer into the XLR mic level input or how are you getting such a hot signal? I put my mixer into the TRS return input and stay at -18db. I thought the XLR input is for mics only.

• Emulated output from a Fender Princeton Recording Amp. It's pretty hot, and I feed it to the TRS jack (it is balanced?) input on the K. I might mic it up but it's only a 10" speaker and there are enough good cabs for the K as is. I figured an emulated output would at least be a different 'cab' to use.

Anyhow, playing around with the output level on the K seems very flakey. If I don't set it and it reads 0db it sounds fine before profiling but after is hellish! So I have to remember to physically adjust the control - when I move it off zero the level jumps way up! - to -32db.

• Same issue here.
    I have profiled 2 amps with very accurate results, but getting back to browse mode after tagging led them to sound loud and muffled. :evil:

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln