New Profile way to loud / distored

• Had this problem again with trying a direct out from an amp. I kept an eye on the master output and it was in the green so not overloading. However, if I load a cab profile into the cab section all is OK. I think I'll send Christoph my unaltered profile so he can hear for himself what it's like when it goes crazy after profiling. Am also still getting freezes if I dare to fiddle around with the cab settings. I think the little men inside the Kemper who are doing all the hot stuff recording must be having a tea break when this happens.

Vintage amp obsessive

• Tried it again today on Di profiles from an amp. went quite weird when I adjusted the return level. I got a sort of microphonic sound on the reference amp (which was odd as it was direct). Also the knob level seems to jump around a bit when you turn it. If I turned it to 1200 it registered 0db which overloaded the master output. I then turned it off and back on and tried again without touching the return level. All worked fine. I also got the good old monitor out freeze when I did some tinkering with the cab settings.

Vintage amp obsessive

• Yes, it's here again even at FW 7034 - it's a pain.

Yes, I do also increase the return level - it worked fine two times - and then with exactly the same settings - the same high level thing again :(

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Wow - and now after switching back and for to this bad rig I got something new - the KPA shows 'DSP-Error' next to the 'Store Snapshot' tab.
    No sound anymore ...
    Rebooted and deleted the rig - now it works again - strange :cursing:

This and the problem that the (profiled) amp still gets signal when I switch the KPA to 'Kemper' - are two most hated things while profiling.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Are there any of us who don't get this issue happening when profiling? I surprises me they haven't been able to recreate it. I've had both the loud/distorted issue (and it's LOUD) and the DSP error message fairly regularly.

• Are there any of us who don't get this issue happening when profiling? I surprises me they haven't been able to recreate it. I've had both the loud/distorted issue (and it's LOUD) and the DSP error message fairly regularly.

This makes clear that it is very important that ALL of you should report your problems to burkhard.

• And Burkhardt replied as follows.

ad 2: I did several atempts to replicate this problem, but didn't succeed so far. Some users gave the input that playing with return level could force this problem, but it did not in my case. So we are open for any input how to force this problem, so that we are enabled to analyze what's going on.

Bit of a poser this one.

Vintage amp obsessive

• I find it strange that so many of you are having that prob but the Kemper guys just cannot replicate it.
    This is a major bug that needs to be located.

Have you guys tried sending them a step-by-step guide how to get that prob?

something like this:
    1.)profile with mic
    2.)push button refine (do it for 30 seconds)
    3.)push button x
    4.)set volume to y
    etc. - something like this anyway - but in great detail

• Even better: try intentionally to do it and make a video of the all thing, so they can see it.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The idea with the video is great. Could someone do that? I dont get the error too often.

I can imagine that it really despends on certain circumstances, because yesterday i could not replicate the problem either. Since i do not believe that it is happening randomly, maybe together we can narrow it down.

When you had the problem.

1. Did you use the XLR or TRS input?
    2. you all use a submixer or just a single mic?
    3. Did you adjust the Return Level before Profiling?
    4. You have anything attached to the alternative input at the rear? Somehow unlikely that this the reason, but i have an additional reamping signal runnning there which helpds adjusting the mics.

My setup was:

1. TRS
    2. submixer
    3. yes to about -18db
    4. yes, used alternative input

• This makes clear that it is very important that ALL of you should report your problems to burkhard.

How do you contact him ?
    On the Kemper amp website support section ?
    I didn't see any bug report feedback type in the contact form....

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

• How do you contact him ?
    On the Kemper amp website support section ?
    I didn't see any bug report feedback type in the contact form....

Just do it as General Feedback, you'll normally get an answer from him within 24h

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ok, thanks, I will retry profiling tomorrow and will send a detailed report if I still encounter issues.

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

• hi guys, i perhaps got the missing link... i remember that the return level jumped occasionally... not visibly but audibly. perhaps it is related to the encoder jumps that the kpa has, which (as far as i remember) is not solved yet. so sometimes when i tried to adjust the return level (decrease) it suddenly jumped to "very loud". sometimes i didn't do anything and made two good profiles, but the third was bad since the return level just jumped up (without touching anything).

PS: i encountered that problem because i always played the reference amp in the profiling mode first (which envolves the return level) before actually starting the profiling itself.

• Problem is still there even in 7059 - I just send a bug report - while hating to be a unpaid beta tester - but hope they fix it soon.