• Hi all,

My original vision with the KPA was to use it through my regular 2x12 cab on stage with direct profiles but I've changed my mind after some considerable testing and am now sold on the idea that I will be running the thing direct to the FOH and just having some local monitoring so that I can hear what's going on. It's funny but I've done a 180 degree turn on this in a pretty short period of time (never thought would!)

I thought I'd dip a toe in the FRFR water and pushed the button on one of the above. It's seemed very good value and if it didn't work out then I haven't lost a great deal of cash. I wanted something small (so I can squeeze on a usually congested stage) and easily portable and the FRFR decision was based on the fact that I just wanted to be able to hear a representation of what would be going on up through the PA using studio profiles.

Having used it for the first time last night with the band I have to say I'm very impressed given its price point. I obviously have nothing to compare it to but for a small monitor it has loads of power (plenty enough for me to clearly hear what I'm doing) and being a wedge the direct sound pointing it me is so much better than my usual 'cab lower than my knee's' setup and the constant volume increase as I fight everyone else on the band and we all lift volume to try and hear what we're doing!

Maybe it's just me but I'm not overly fussed about the sound quality of the guitar on the stage tbh (although the quality of this speaker seems great and I'm more that happy with what I'm hearing) what matters is the sound out front and since I've moved to MBritt profiles I certainly have no issues with this!

I literally turned up to play last night with my guitar, KPA, Remote and the Altos - sounded great and I reckon is the best set of sounds I've ever had with the least amount of gear I've ever carried!

Living in the modern world isn't all bad it would appear :)

Si

• Just an update on this.

Given that I do the odd gig without running my guitar through the PA I thought I'd have a go at using the Altos for backline to see if it was a viable solution. Sadly, whilst it is loud enough, at gig volume it's very boomy and not going to cut it.

I'm going to have to go back to the trusty 2x12 for these types of gigs I feel..

Regards,

Si

• Not one to give up I decided to spend some more time with this..

Lifting it of the floor to decouple has really improved the original low end boominess and I've now got it on a amp stand with some foam insulation on the runners. A bit of tweaking on the monitor eq has also helped matters. Do wish there was a more fully featured eq on the output..

I'm going to use it in the next gig so will feed back..

Si