Low vs high string action COMPARISON video + audio clip!

• I built a partscaster for a friend yesterday and realized I have had too low action for a long time. And I mean like REALLY low. Even the guys at the PLEK place thought I was crazy. I've had between 0,5mm and 0,7mm action during the last few years, obsessing about getting as low action as possiblle.. But now I really have to re-think my ways here!

I still need low action to be able to play comfortably, but on my main guitar I simply raised the action, and put on a thinner set of strings (009 as opposed to my good old 010s)

Here's a video where I use another guitar for actually hearing how action affects tone.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So, it doesn't really affect the tone SUPER MUCH, but it differently sacrifices to things:
    1. The bottom end omph....
    2. And the overtones and other nice things that you really want.

After adjusting my main guitar I got better overtones and harmonics, simply put a more lively sound!

Here's a Wav version of the comparison in the late part of the video:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.