Parameter jump

• Sometimes when I turn - slowly - a encoder - e.g. NoiseGate or ReverbMix - suddenly the value jumps a big step e.g. from 5% -> 60%.

Anyone else?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Sometimes when I turn - slowly - a encoder - e.g. NoiseGate or ReverbMix - suddenly the value jumps a big step e.g. from 5% -> 60%.

Anyone else?

yep, sometimes,,

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

Anyone else?

Yes, this happens quite frequently.
    My first post mentioned this phenomenon and asked, if it was a bug or just my unit.

This happens on all controller buttons that do not have a led surrounding them (noise gate, master volume, delay mix, delay feedback, mod rate etc.). Support has acknowledged this since FW 6875 but no fix so far (although back when I reported this, I only mentioned the master volume and noise gate - but it happens on all buttons without a led).

Please contact support as well about this (I'm sure it won't hurt if many users report even simple bugs like that)

• And the same here and something else! I'm programming my Behringer FCB 1010 for midi control. Everything goes fine but when I switch between two presets something weird happens. I use bank 5 for my strat settings. FCB has the uno chip so I am using footswitches 6-10 in stompbox mode. Bank 5 preset 1 I have a clean amp sound with gain zero. Bank 5 preset 5 I have another clean sound, another amp/cab and effects. When I switch from preset 5 to 1 (all in bank 5) preset 1 suddenly has max gain. When switching from preset 2,3,4 to 1 then the gain is as it should be: zero. When switching from 1 to 5 the gain for preset 5 is zero as expected. So only switching from 5 to 1 causes the gain to go max while it is stored with gain zero! Very strange. I checked all the settings on the FCB and I can see nothing strange there (I use a PC editor so I can easily check the settings). Anyone recognises this or even better has a solution?

• It could be some #CC associated, check that the FCB is not sending any CC out of #2 and #7

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Yes, this happens quite frequently.
    My first post mentioned this phenomenon and asked, if it was a bug or just my unit.

This happens on all controller buttons that do not have a led surrounding them (noise gate, master volume, delay mix, delay feedback, mod rate etc.). Support has acknowledged this since FW 6875 but no fix so far (although back when I reported this, I only mentioned the master volume and noise gate - but it happens on all buttons without a led).

Please contact support as well about this (I'm sure it won't hurt if many users report even simple bugs like that)

May I echo the last comment. We were not aware, that this problem (still) exists. So please open a support ticket. With your crisp description and help we will then try to reproduce the problem on our side and get it fixed asap. ;)

• Today I had several parameter jumps on the bass, mid, treble, gain and presence parameters......

Wait a moment, that's new, 'till now it has happened only on the dials without led: noise gate, master volume, gain and volume..... ?( ?(

• Wait a moment, that's new, 'till now it has happened only on the dials without led: noise gate, master volume, gain and volume..... ?( ?(

That's why I say: "So please contact the Kemper Crew and open a support ticket" !!!

• 2 hours ago my Kemper crashed. Tried to reboot it holding system (and system and quick) but it won't start up anymore. I think everytime I edit rigs by changing amps, adding effects etc. the Kemper becomes instable. I have rebooted it several times after editting. That's annoying because tomorrow I want to use it the first time on stage. So I followed Armin's reboot procedure and that seems to work. I imported only the rigs I will use tomorrow. I'll take my VG 88 for back up. I use the newest FW but I hope there will soon be a new FW that solves all this problems! It doesn't feel good and that's a shame given the very good sounds that come from the Kemper......

• Great it worked for you too.

Which firmware version do you use?
    I have no crashes anymore - but I use only the stock and my own profiles.

Yes, it's a good idea to delete all the stuff you don't need.
    After your gig can you load all the available profiles - check which ones you like - and delete the others again.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• I use 1.02 beta. Thanks for describing the boot procedure and your advice. Before playing tomorrownight I wil switch the KPA on/off many times to see if everything goes well......

• Great it worked for you too.

Which firmware version do you use?
    I have no crashes anymore - but I use only the stock and my own profiles.

Yes, it's a good idea to delete all the stuff you don't need.
    After your gig can you load all the available profiles - check which ones you like - and delete the others again.

Armin, no crashes? On which firmware is your KPA? -> 7034 beta???
    Delete and load profiles... we need a PC-Organizer for all the profiles, it's a must have for the KPA!!!

• Yes, 7034 - no crashes - still all the bugs but that's anather story.

I could create an Editor but think it's a waste of time - hope for a Kemper-Editor.

• Guys, This might sound like a stupid question, but if FW 7034 is not available on the website, where are you getting it from.......? ;(