#15 LOCK LOCK LOCK

• The lock button is our big friend :)

Like to compare profiles?
    Some sound this great others not so much?
    Maybe it's not the profile!

Use the look button to switch off ALL stomps and effects
    Do like this:
    -Switch OFF all Stomps (A-D) and the Effects (X - Reverb)
    -Check the EQ Block if all is set to neutral (12:00 position)
    -Press and hold the LOCK button
    -While still holding the LOCK button press all this keys until they are activated (on):
    (all stomp, effect and the EQ button).

Now you can check your profiles again - and search for great sounding ones.

All you hear by now is only the great (or bad) sound of the profile - and not the attempts to 'pimp' a bad profile by a lot of additional effects, EQ's or even worst and increase in overall level - just to let the profile sound louder than others (and most users are fooled to think 'louder is better').

btw. the same works in the opposite direction:
    Active all effects you find great (e.g. a nice delay or reverb setting)
    LOOK these modules
    Check out your other profiles how they sound with this effect settings.
    Store these effect settings for later use.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I also use this a lot...
    ... but to be honest: I dont care, if a profile sound good, because it sounds good alone, or if it sounds good, becuase a good sound guy was able to set up an EQ correctly to e.g. compensate for the last bit of differenc eto the real amp or for whatever reason.

Sure: The strength of the kemper is to reacreate existing sounds. But you still can use it to make COMPLETELY new sounds. You will miss them, if you deactivate the - probably intentional - work on the profiles.
    What I ALWAYS lock when comparimg is the reverb, however ;)

Edited 2 times, last by CPHfx ().

• As an alternative you can go to the STACK section, turn the BROWSE wheel and select "From Rigs". It essentially does the same, just loading the stack section (including EQ) from Rigs, nevertheless, you can still lock the EQ if want.
    In one way, this is even better: it does not change the tempo settings and rig name/author and favorites status.

• Sure thing.

I use my Kemper hooked up to a guitar cabinet. I mainly use mines, for which I have made IR Impulses last time I was in the studio, using high end microphones which were carefully positioned.

So each time I will play live, I will use the lock section to make the cabinet I am using match with its corresponding impulse response. I can also use this feature to turn off every cabinet too, as I did recently using the Kemper in stereo (used the direct out to send one monitor side to a transparent PA)