the wahwah is incredible

• I finally got some time to figure out the wah-pedal and it's amazing...I never liked the boss and pod wah's, and I got rid of my crybaby (too noisy) and the bad horsie. the kpa-wah is everything I ever wanted from a wah including auto on/off. 10/10 IMO :thumbup:

• +1, are you using an expression pedal, if so which one as I want to get an expression pedal to use as wah but kind find any advice anywhere of what would be good to use with the KPA

• for now I borrowed a yamaha keyboard exp.pedal from a friend. I also tried my boss gt10 via midi. worked nicely both ways. I haven't decided what to buy yet, I think you can get the yamaha for around 60 euros from thomann

• for now I borrowed a yamaha keyboard exp.pedal from a friend. I also tried my boss gt10 via midi. worked nicely both ways. I haven't decided what to buy yet, I think you can get the yamaha for around 60 euros from thomann

so, how does it work. I mean, how do you switch the wah effect on and off with an expression pedal? Does it have an on/off switch ?

• so, how does it work. I mean, how do you switch the wah effect on and off with an expression pedal? Does it have an on/off switch ?

Auto on, as soon as you move it from the heel down position, no switch needed. I'll order one of those spring loaded ME pedals next week

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• OK, if it's auto on when you move the pedal, how do you then turn the wah off ?

• OK, that makes sense. So who makes a spring loaded one then ? Any links on Thomann ?

• Actually, thinking about it I won't get a spring loaded one as I might want to assign this to other effects where I want it to stay where I leave it etc. Just ordered one from Thomann

• I'm using a FV500-H and it works a treat. Now I just need to get a pedal board that doesn't crash the KPA.

parker / prs / kemper / g / mesa

a TC-Helicon Expression-1 Compact Expression Pedal is working as well

• Would you mind sharing your wah settings?
    I have some problems getting a usable wah sound.

this is what I ended up with after som tweaking: nice and smooth tone with my les paul and a marshall JMP -profile
    manual 3,5 (this is how deep the heelposition goes tonewise)
    peak 4,5 (from the manual "varies the Q-factor or resonance of the filters")
    pedal range 50% (from the manual: determines the maximum impact of the pedal, as an offset to the value selected for the “Manual” parameter. Negative values of “Range” will reverse the swell direction of the pedal) ?(
    peak range -50% (from the manual: Determines to what extent the position of the pedal influences the “Peak” intensity)
    mix 100% (the amount of fx mixed with the direct guitarsignal)
    vol 0 this is a good one, if you set it to 1-5 you get a volume boost into the amp = more gain, while the opposite way reduces volume into amp = less gain

I'll fiddle some more with the wah later. probably gonna end up with other settings when using different profiles and/or guitars, but I really like it so far.

Edited once, last by luntho ().

• Thanks, for your settings. It seems you have to set the peak range at ca. -50 like you suggested, otherwise the wah sounds kind of strange.