Direct Profiling DI Signal Too Hot

• I've run into issues with the signal being too hot trying to create direct profiles of my amp into the Kemper. I am running a JCM800 2203X into a Rupert Neve's DI box back into the Kemper's return, but whenever I try to create a profile it stops in the middle of it telling me that the output is clipping and that I need to turn down my amp. The amp is incredibly loud, but turning it down is not an option, because most of the tone comes from the master volume being turned up! This happens even with the return level on the Kemper set to the minimum (-32dB).

I've been thinking about trying another DI box, and maybe even getting the "Kemper" brand DI box, but I don't know if that will solve the problem. Some DI boxes come with a "padding" switch to lower the level. The Kemper brand DI box doesn't seem to have a switch, but if it's made by them it must work with pretty much any amp, right!? (That may be a dumb assumption, but if anyone has tried one please let me know how it worked out).

Are there any good ways to lower the level of a DI signal without degrading the tone? This process is becoming much more stressful than it should be.... :thumbdown: