Video: Wilkinson WHHBB vs Fishman Fluence Classic: budget passive vs high end active (using Top Jimi's Van Halen profiles)

• I really don't know what people would prefer. Do you like the fishman better? Costs.... like a gazillion moneys more.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't have any familiarity with any of the pickups you demo'd, but I have an opinion about pickups, but it is more or less the same about woods, bridges, amps and so on.
    There are sound differences, sometimes big, some times really narrow, sometimes not one.
    What really makes the difference is how these pieces of gear inspire us and how they react to our dynamics, which is not always translated into sound. It is the moment when your pick or your fingers ouch the strings that delivers the magic that makes you fall in love.
    So, it is really up to you feel :)

P.S.: the wilkinson sound huge!

• I don't have any familiarity with any of the pickups you demo'd, but I have an opinion about pickups, but it is more or less the same about woods, bridges, amps and so on.
    There are sound differences, sometimes big, some times really narrow, sometimes not one.
    What really makes the difference is how these pieces of gear inspire us and how they react to our dynamics, which is not always translated into sound. It is the moment when your pick or your fingers ouch the strings that delivers the magic that makes you fall in love.
    So, it is really up to you feel :)

P.S.: the wilkinson sound huge!

I agree. But I think if there are differences in dynamics that should translate to sound too -- my thinking is just that tiny tonal differences translate to bigger ones in "feel". Now if only it was easy to describe differences in feel in a youtube video... but it's so important for the players to play the pickups.. even through their own rig!